Chapter 23: The Right Amount of Puff

Start from the beginning

But, still, I was getting nervous about the prospect of the wedding. It has only been not even two full weeks since the prospect of marriage was bought to me and even then, only a week and a half since I met the man I intended to marry - that is, if you exclude the interview, which, according to my mind, never happened.

I guess it was to be expected. Everyone goes through it right? That is why they have that saying 'getting cold feet'. Maybe that's all this is? Just nerves that puts doubt in my mind.

Maybe you should buy a foot spa to warm up those feet?

I'm ignoring you now.

You can never ignore me Sky. Not matter how much you try. She spoke in a really creepy voice that left me shivering.

"We're here." Roy spoke from the front seat as he pulled the car to a stop just outside a shop. I didn't care to look up at the name of the store or even inquire what we were doing here as I saw my answer staring at me in the front window.

Wedding dresses.

"You have to be kidding me right?" I whined at little as we pulled ourselves out of the car.

"Not at all!" Sandra smiled at me. "We can hardly do this for you so stop being lazy and this will be over soon."

I was beginning to see more and more of Anthony in this woman. He was defiantly a Mumma's boy.

Walking into the store we were greeted by a very chirpy staff member who seemed a little to eager to help us. I proffered the help to be more sloth like, sit there and sleep until I ask for help and not pressing me to buy something or pissing me off by their 'recommendations'.

I wondered off from Charlene's fussing and had a look through the racks myself. I didn't really know what I wanted but I knew that I didn't want one of the mermaid styled dresses and I didn't want the dress to weigh more than me either.

"See anything you like?" Sandra asked me after a small time.

"I don't know." I sighed. "I don't really know what I'm looking for."

"Just look for something you can see yourself wearing. Maybe try a few things on so we can figure our what you like and what you don't." She suggested very wisely.

I nodded my head in agreement and passed by another dress.

"Thank you by the way," she began again. "For letting me do this with you, I know your step mother and I can get a little carried away."

I giggled and look at her. "Just a little?"

"Well a lot." She smiled in agreement. "I've just never had a daughter to dress up or dote on."

"You could have always dressed Anthony up as a girl. That would have made a great photo."

Sandra gave me an evil smirk. "I'll send them to you."

I gawked at her with pure amusement. "Oh my god yes, you must!"

"What about this one?" Charlene called to Sandra and I as she pulled out a dress out of the racks.

Going into the change rooms I decided to start attempting to find a dress. The first dress I tried on was absolutely gorgeous, it was more clinging with lacy and glitter scattered everywhere and did not at all puff out like a classic princess dress. Stepping into the dress I pulled it up and pulled the zipper up.

It had a lower back that was nice but looking at me in this dress was like looking at a hippo attempting to wear a bikini - it just didn't work. The parts of my back seen in the dress looked very unnatural and not at all flattering, my curves looked like lumps of fat as the dress highlighted all the wrong areas of my body and felt like if I dared to bend down, my butt was going to pop out and say hello.