The only things keeping the air between us from becoming a dead silence were the chirping crickets in the forest, and the bubbling river. A slightly breeze caused tree branches and bushes to sway, creating a gentle rustling noise that added to the sounds of the dark. It truly was a lovely night.

          "So will you be coming with me for the rest of the journey now that you've found me?" The prince's voice broke through my awe of the night.

          "Um, no my prince. I shall not, I'm sorry to say." I bit my lip. How would he react to that?

          His eyes narrowed. "And why not?"

          "That is one of the questions I can't answer." I muttered.

          Can't? Or won't?

          "I can only find you at nighttime. And even then I can't stay for very long. It's... complicated." I continued, trying to bring myself to tell him the truth. Time was running out. I probably couldn't even explain properly if I started now.

          "Try me." He looked curious now, his wonderful brown eyes peering into my own.

          "I can't. In fact, I can't stay any longer." I said hastily. It was time to leave, I needed to get away.

          I must find somewhere to transform in peace. Somewhere to collect my thoughts. Somewhere to beat myself up for being a terrible person!

          The prince stood up at the same time I did. Before I could step out of his reach however, his hand grabbed at my arm. Thankfully he held onto it firmly, but not painfully like he did with my wrists.

          "How do I know I can trust you?" His voice was even, and his handsome face expressed little emotion.

          I did the unthinkable. I planted a kiss on his cheek, his facial stubble pricking my lips a little. He blinked, probably blown out of his mind. An embarrassed smile appeared on my face, which was now feeling very warm...

          "That's how." 

          Without another word, I slipped my arm out of his grasp and dashed off into the shadowy woods.

***

=Philip=

          She kissed me.

          She kissed me.

          What does that even mean? The feeling of her soft lips against my skin still lingered. Subconsciously, my hand raised itself to brush my fingers over the spot on my face that felt all tingly. I've never been kissed by a girl before. Not even by the daughter of King Lucas...

          That new thought was disturbing. I couldn't think about that. Ugh.

          She was nothing compared to Aurora.

          Why am I even thinking about this?

          Then I snapped out of my thoughts. I had just been standing there, acting all weird-like because some strange and yet beautiful girl had kissed me on the cheek. She left me still feeling confused, and with more questions than answers. I still wasn't sure if I could trust her though, but there wasn't really anything I could do about that anyway. 

          The mare still hadn't shown up. I wondered if it ever will. 

          I sighed, and headed back to my spot next to the dead fire. Stretching out on the ground, I tried to fall back asleep, but my mind kept wandering back to Aurora. Her lovely brown eyes gazing into mine... She was a mystery. 

          "I can only find you at nighttime..."

          I felt a sense of anticipation.

          I couldn't wait for tomorrow night. Then I could see her again. Possibly solve one of the many puzzling things about her. She was intriguing...

          Who was this girl? And why does she have this affect on me?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so... yea this isn't my favorite chapter. and as much as i know you guys probably are all like "JUST FRICKIN' TELL HIM!" i have something else a little more exciting planned. maybe it's just me, but i feel like if kaelyn just told him... that seems boring to me. too boring. not exciting enough. blahhhh.

oh, and i had a "dang it" moment too. when the prince was being all dumbfounded for a moment, (hehe) i was going to write, '"Uhh," My train of thought had fallen way off the tracks...' but then i realized, they don't know what trains are!!! *facepalm*

anyways, comment... vote... fan... whatevs. did this chapter seem boring to u? it did a little to me. ah, it's sort of another "filler" before it gets to the better stuff. :)

thanks for all of your support! i appreciate it a lot! your comments make my day!

peace