"Uhh," My thoughts and questions went spiraling downward and vanished.

          She laughed lightly again, slightly tilting her face upwards, her eyes sparkling as they reflected the moonlight.

          "What's the matter my prince?" Aurora's held cocked a little to the right, her hair that had barely been trapped by the edge of her shoulder now fell slowly, making her hair look longer than it actually was. That small movement triggered something in my memory. It looked so familiar...

          "My prince?"

          "Nothing!" I said abruptly, embarrassed to have been staring. "Nothing's... wrong. I'm still just a little confused as to how you got here. Surely you must've ridden," I glanced around here into the shadowy woods. "However, I don't see or hear sounds of any horse-" Wait. I didn't see or any signs of any horse. 

          "Oh no," I muttered as I rushed past her. I searched around the trees and bushes of the area around my makeshift camp. There was no sign of the black mare anywhere! I called out for her, whistled, clucked my tongue, I tried everything. She didn't appear, nor did I receive any signs of her being around. Angrily, I kicked at a rock.

          "Now surely there is something wrong," Aurora said quietly as she came up behind me. Immediately suspicion clouded my mind. Here was this strange girl that I knew nothing about, showing up in the middle of an enormous forest in the dead of night, claiming that she 'just knew where to look.' And now my horse was missing! Surely she worked for someone else who wanted to get their hands on me.

          They thought the foolish prince of the northern territory would fall for a beautiful face, did they? Well, whoever they are, they thought wrong!

          I whirled around and grabbed Aurora's wrists and spun her around so I could hold onto them with a single hand. She let out a cry of surprise. Then I pushed her forwards until I had her against a tree. She struggled weakly against my grip.

          "What are you doing?" She managed to squeak.

          "You're a spy aren't you? Trying to lure me into a false sense of security, then deliver me right into the hands of you're employers! How else can you explain your sudden appearance and the disappearance of my horse?" I kept my voice low and menacing, though part of me felt bad for treating a girl like this. But I would get home. I wouldn't allow enemies to stand in my way any longer.

          "N-no! I swear my prince, I don't work for anyone! I'm telling you the truth." She ceased struggling and just stood there, most likely very scared. Her breath came in short pants as she tried to force herself to be calm. "I... I can't tell you everything, but I'll do my best to answer most of your questions." 

          Should I trust her?

          Ever so slowly, I let my grip relax, and she quickly stepped away from me, not too far, just out of arm's length. Rubbing her wrists, she refused to look at me. Instead, she glanced up at the moon.

          "I guess I should tell you that I am on your side. My only wish is to return you home safely. Please don't think anything else." That being said, Aurora got down on one knee and bent her head so she could only be viewing the ground. A soldier's kneel, a position that only meant, 'I am loyal. Command me.' Surprise flowed through me once again, however, I was beginning to feel less surprised at the oddities of this girl Aurora.

***

=Kaelyn=

          I remained bowing low to my prince. I didn't know what else to do. He thought I was a spy, or some other despicable person in league with... others? Perhaps I shouldn't really blame him though. I too would feel suspicious of any stranger who discovered me in the dead of night.