The Car Ride

CHAPTER ELEVEN

_________________

  I saw him waiting in his car, not moving. He didn't seem to even notice I came outside. I took a deep breath and shook my head. I was so going to kill Quinn for this.

  I walked to the passenger side and tapped on the window with my nail. Ben looked up and unlocked the door. I slid into the car and set my bookbag by my feet on the floor. Pulling the seat belt across my body, I sighed softly. If I didn't say anything this was going to be an awkward car ride.

  "Hey," I said, smiling softly.

  He looked startled and the smile disappeared from my face. Did he not expect me to even speak? I've gotten over the whole episode ealier. It was pretty stupid, too. There was nothing to get mad over.  He was just my date, not my boyfriend. The only thing that bugged me was the wolf thing, but I'm pretty sure that I was just remembering it wrong.

  "Hey," he replied, sounding awkward.

  I rolled my eyes. "No need to sound awkward, Ben. Nothing happened," I stated.

  He just glanced at me and pulled out of the driveway, shaking his head. I just shook my head and reclined in the seat, watching as everything went by out the window. It was really boring, but I had a feeling that Ben really didn't want to talk about anything. I crossed my ankles and uncrossed them. I really was bored.

  "Bored?" an amused voice broke through my thoughts.

  I looked up, startled. "Uh, maybe?"

  He chuckled, shaking his head. I was so confused. He went from awkward to amused in just acouple of minutes. Is he bi-polar? How could I miss that? Well, it does eplain a lot. Like how he was so cold and then talking with her like she was an old friend. He was so confusing.

  "I'm not bi-polar," he muttered.

  I looked over at him, alarmed. Could he read my thoughts? That would be super embarassing. I tried pushing all of the more ebarassing things to the back of my mind and he just burst out laughing. I gave him a dry look. He stopped the car at the stopp light, glancing over at me.

  "I can't read minds, Lacey, but I can listen," he said. "And I can't believe that you fell in horse dung! That's hillarious."

  "Shut up," I hissed, feeling my face get red.

  I don't want to go into detail of what happened, but we (meaning my family and Skye's family) were horseback riding a few years back. I was trying to get off the horse and my foot got caught in the strup and I fell, end of story. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked moodily out the window. This was just great. No one knew about that except for the people there. I made sure of it. Ben glanced over at me as the car began to move again.

  "Calm down, Lacey, it isn't that bad," he said, pulling into the school parking lot.

  I looked around me, amazed. "Are we really here?" I asked.

  "Uh, yeah. It's only ten minutes or so away. Why?"

  "Nothing," I replied, sighing.

  He parked the car and I grabbed my book bag, getting out of the car. I waved, saying my thanks, and jogged into the school. I walked through the halls, saying hello to the people who remembered me from yesterday. When I turned the corner, I saw him. My eyes narrowed.

  "Grey, I am going to kill you," I shouted across the hallway.

  He just laughed, but then he saw my face. He turned to his friends, saying that he had to go, and ran off. I bolted after him, happy that he remembered that I wasn't afraid to punch him in the face like the people here probably were.

_____________________________________________

Author's note: Hey guys, I've decided to upload. I want to thank Lovely461 for the comment she left. I do realize that I should be happy with the reads I'm getting and not just votes and comments. But, just so it's clear. The more votes and comments I get, the faster I upload. If I get seven votes for a chapter, than I drop everything and upload. Thanks for reading, you guys. And thanks to those who fanned over the time when I haven't uploaded. This is for you guys. Sorry for the shortness, and it being a filler. The next couple are going to be fillers. I think I have a couple things planned for some action, but that won't happen for a few more chapters.

VOTE

COMMENT

Now go eat some tacos. (:

Peace out. ☺

Cheyenne<3