Chapter 5

The last of them...

Y/n was 16. Six years have passed. She recently received a letter from Butter Knuckles Sean. She took it and sat down on the couch, she opened it and read it to herself.

Dear Y/n,
Hello! It's been a while. I haven't caught up because of school. But everyday I would head straight home and continue on this. Please I hope you didn't forget about me. School has been a pain and I'm very sorry I didn't write sooner. Still friends? I hope so. :(
So, if you're still reading, and you're not mad at me, thank you for everything. I really have been working hard for me ma. Irish, man, I wish I could hear your Irish accent again. It probably is fading away but with that, I wanted to say something.
Thanks so much for being my friend for the last 14 years, it has been a great pleasure to see that we really are still truly amazing friends. I just, I just really needed to tell you something. Or, really what it is is that I need to ask you something.
Back at your 13 birthday party, 3 years ago, when you came back to Dublin to spend it with your ma and friends, I was so happy you came back! There is no words to say about it, I was super happy! I still hope you have the present I gave you. It's one of a kind. You can't find them anywhere else here in Dublin. I was lucky.
Anyway, when you came back, my world just brightened up! I really did feel generally happy again! I just, I just need to ask you something though.
The night of the party, when everyone left but me, and you asked your mom if I could spend the night. That night when we walked under the stars, I don't know if you noticed, but, I kept looking at you. The way your eyes just light up with the moon. Your smile shining bright. The moon light glowing on your face. It was just romantic. I just, I just wanted to, I just wanted to do something.
That night, what would've happened to us, I know we were young, but what would've happened if we kissed?
I'm changing to a whole other person. I'm starting a band now! I'm being really cool and popular at my school. It just seems like, like, like if I kissed you or if you kissed me, something, something would've happened.
Maybe you wouldn't of went back to Paris. Maybe we would be girlfriend and boyfriend. Maybe now we could've been snuggling next to each other. We may not know.
I'm just trying to say is Y/n, you really are the world to me. I can't stop thinking about you. Maybe you have changed over the years. Maybe you have been growing. Maybe you did get taller. Maybe you would've been smiling that bright smile of yours.
Or is it just me?
I'm changing dramatically since you last seen me. As I said before, I'm in a band! I'm starting a band Y/n! I'm living! I'm being someone I think I may be when I'm older! I could be famous!
But, that just spares me away. I want to see you. I want to finally just have the guts to say...to say....to really be the old Sean I have been.
Is time really just trying to mess with us? We're we supposed to see each other? What kind of faith are we trying to do?
I want my Pretty Girl back. I want you to come up to me with your 3 year old body, calling me Pretty Boy. It just slips away from us.
Butter Knuckles Sean, he's not himself anymore. Sugar Sweet Wacko Y/n back with me!!
       I'm going insane, tell me again, tell me again. My mind is repeating. It throbbing. I don't know what to do anymore!! That's why we just need to stop.
       Y/n, no more letters, no more gifts, no nothing. We need to stop. This is the last letter you'll receive and the other one you sent me 37 days ago, that's my last.
       Thank you so much Y/n for being there for me. I will never forget you, I promise. -Sean William McLoughlin -xo-