Chapter Eleven: Truth Beyond the Lies

Start from the beginning

"Miss Blake or would you prefer Mrs. St. Clair?" She asked. She was young, very young. She had to be around the age of twelve, but then again most nurses were that age now.

"Call me Elizabeth, please." I said with the best warming smile I could pose. She gave a short nod and began to pull my corset strings.

"Is it too tight Elizabeth?"

"No it's good, snug. Thank you." I said, handing her the gown I previously wore. I started to walk out of the room when she called,

"Wait Elizabeth," I turned on my bare heel towards her. "Dr. Parker wanted me to tell you he will have clearer results in a few days. He said then he could tell you more then. Also he wanted me to tell you that everything will be kept a secret until you are ready." She paused lightly before adding, "I don't even know what your here for Miss Blake, I mean Elizabeth." She quickly corrected herself.

She was very young indeed. "Thank you again Miss. Tell doctor I will be back to see him on the day after tomorrow." I smiled at her once more before walking quickly out the door.

I crossed the small waiting area to the front door. I reached it and pulled the door open in haste, showing the fast paced world outside. The dirt road was crowed with people left and right. After the war ended, everyone felt more safe to get out on the streets and return to their normal lives.

I slipped into the mass wave of people hiding my face from the curious on lookers. If I was spotted here there was no way I was going to be able to keep my new found secret from Ben.

I walked silently in the crowd of people until I saw the familiar road up ahead. I took the cut off on the main road through the trees leading to my home. I walked over the large hill to see the small house in the distance.

It was made completely of wood, a two bedroom house. Ben and his brother, Alpha Nathan, constructed by hand last summer. It took the entire summer, and in that time I got to know the woman Nathan courted, Samantha Bayne. She became my best friend, and we have been inseparable since.

I sighed and lifted my dress a little to continued walking to the small cottage house. As I neared the house the soil became more damp. Most of the trees had been cleared out from around the house, and in return we got more rain around the yard.

Once I arrived to the house, I opened the front door to reveal a very anxious Samantha.

"What did he say." She asked quickly.

"Really Samantha could you at least let me get in the door or make sure Ben isn't with me." I said as I closed the door.

"I'm sorry this is just frustrating." She mumbled.

Frustrating for you, think of how I feel.

"Well?" She pressed after a minute of just standing there.

"I'm pregnant." I said flatly. She stared at me wide eyed.

"And you're sure that-"

"Yes! For the last time, I'm sure." I said sternly cutting her short. "Our last time was a week before the fight. So no matter what, I was pregnant during the war." Samantha looked forward pressing her folded hands against her mouth.

I closed my eyes, letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. I know what it might seem like, but I wanted this child more than anything. He was the only thing missing from the jigsaw puzzle I had as a life. There was just one problem, and one thing I was positive about. I had fought in the war with it.

"Well maybe he made it though. I mean werewolves and hunters are really strong, and he's half and half. Maybe..." Samantha said as if she had read my mind.