Chapter Eleven: Truth Beyond the Lies

Elizabeth
March 23, 1504- Full Moon
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

**the afternoon of the first spring full moon**

I slowly slid my hand against the soft cream cotton sheets of the bed I was sitting on. It was a small single twin pushed up aginst the wooden wall in the corner. My bare feet dangled off the side, not touching the floor.

I was dressed in a thin piece of solid white fabric that went to my ankles like a gown. It was designed to show as little amount of skin as possible, but it made this procedure harder than it should be.

I sighed and turned to look out the window once more. The sun was almost to setting position in the afternoon, and if they didn't hurry up, Benjamin would know I was missing soon. I quickly shoved the idea out of my head to what he might do if he found I wasn't home at the house.

My heart was going a hundred miles an hour, and I couldn't seen to calm it no matter what I did. Suddenly the door opened revealing the pack doctor.

He was a man in his mid twenties. He went by the name of Dr. Parker, and I'd only seen one other time in his office due to my lovely werewolf bite, I had surprisingly lived though. He was very interested in the fact that I had, so I had seen him on the side dozens of other times for some research.

Benjamin had never known this, and I didn't plan on telling him. Knowing Ben he'd probably blow things way out of proportion, resulting in having the poor doctor banished from the pack for even being in the same room as me with out him present. In all honesty, this was probably the best doctor in all of the area.

But this time I was here for different reasons. Reasons so far only my best friend, Samantha, and I had known. Now I suppose we could include Dr. Parker seeing as how he now has the answer to one very important question I was dying to know.

He closed the door with a click, making everything feel surreal and pulling me back down to earth.

"Elizabeth I have good or bad news, depending if you have changed your mind since I left to get the testing results." I shook my head no back and forth, and now I was positive I knew the answer. Something inside of me begged that he might be joking, but the serious look on his face said otherwise.

"Well a doctor doesn't say this in these hard times and not usually to a beta's mate, but I regret to inform you that your pregnant."

For the longest time I just sat there stunned for the fact it had finally been said out loud. Tears had become my best friend ever since I suspected I was pregnant, and now I couldn't form a single one. I just sat there unmoving as my world came crashing down. This could not be happening.

"Elizabeth, if I-" The doctor began shattering every wall of thought I had conjured up.

"I need to get dressed. Benjamin will be at the house soon, and I have to be home when he gets there." I said as I tried to regain my composure.

Dr. Parker didn't move, he was watching me carefully. He knew just as much as I did, and at this point, it wasn't enough to satisfy either of us.

"I'll send a nurse in to help you with your corset." He said softly. I watched him walk to the door and leave.

I slipped off the bed as quiet as I could. My bare feet hit the hard honey glazed wooden floor, and I quickly began to slip into my layers of clothing. Finally I pulled on the actual gown.

It was a sharp pink rose that fell to the floor, hiding every inch of skin I had except for my hands. I was smoothing out the wrinkles and creases of my dress when a small thin girl walked in the room.