Chapter 1: And So It Begins...

Meanwhile, inside the New City passenger train 'Anehazuru'...

"Due to a malfunction in the switching system, today's rail schedule has been greatly altered. We apologize to any customers who were in a hurry." said the train conductor.

"The next stop is Iwatodai..." he continued.

After travelling some more... the train came to halt.

"Iwatodai." came the train announcement. "This is the final train bound for Tatsumi Port Island. Please take care to board before our departure."

Amie Yuuki arrived late at the station. It was almost midnight when she came.

................

Tick.Tock.Tick.Tock.

It's already 12 midnight. It seems that all power in the city have been put out. Strange...

"Hm...?"

'Something about the atmosphere seems odd...' thought Amie. 'It would probably be best to hurry to the dorm.'

As Amie walks from the station, she notices coffin-like objects lining the deserted city. She looks up and notices the eerily gigantic moon.

How she managed to keep calm about what she had seen, nobody knows.

She continued her way to the Gekkoukan High School, Iwatodai dorm following closely the directions given to her. It was the dorm mentioned on her admission pamphlet.

She entered the door and she looked around at the dark foyer. 

Then seemingly out of nowhere, a boy's voice came saying "Welcome." 

Amie shifts her head in shock to look for the source of the voice. She sees a boy smiling at her with a height of just up to her chest. He had dark hair with blue eyes. He was wearing a striped sweatshirt. She let out a long breath.

"You're late. I've been waiting a long time." he continued. Then he held out a piece of paper. 'Great. This is really not suspicious at all. And this is starting to scare me...' Amie thought.

"If you want to proceed, then please sign here. It's a contract. There's no need to be scared." 

'Whoa. Did he just read my mind?! How can I not be alarmed?!'

He then said still smiling "It only binds you to accepting full responsibility for your actions."

Amie reluctantly took it and looked at what was written on the paper. It read 'I chooseth this fate of mine own free will.' 

Below it was a blank to sign her name.

'What was this dorm exactly?? Hogwarts? These choice of words seem so ancient. And what was this contract for? To teach me responsibility or something? I already know how to take care of myself, thank you very much. How can I not? I've been alone too long. Nobody would take care of me but me. This was nothing.' and with that, she signed the contract.

"...Very well." the boy said still smiling. "Time is something no one can escape. It delivers us all to the same end. Wishing won't make it go away. And so it begins..."

After that, the unknown boy just disappeared, as if melting into the darkness...

'Weird. Did I just get lectured about the end of the world? And how could a boy his age be so well spoken?' Amie thought.

"Who's there?!" asked a startled girl. Amie got startled herself too. She quickly turned to look at the girl and saw that she has brown hair and eyes. Her hair was tucked behind her ears with side-swept bangs reaching just above her eyes. Her hair length was just about the shoulders. She was wearing a white heart choker and a pink sweater with a white collared blouse inside it. Placed on her top button was a red bow matching the red arm band placed just below her left shoulder. Written on it were the letters 'S.E.E.S.'