"Sorry you have a bit of mayonnaise on your mouth." Avery reached a hand to her mouth and cleaned it off.

"Got it, now tell me why you're so upset?" she asked, taking my hands in hers, I refused to meet her eyes and I looked at brown carpet instead.

"Daniel-"and suddenly I was being cut off, with the slam of the door.

"Avery!" it was Daniels voice. I quickly scrambled up and got off the couch. Avery gave me a panicked look and I just told her to be quiet as I hid in the closet. Through the small crack I could see Daniel walking in and looking confused.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I could ask you the same thing?" she says accusingly

I came to the house because I figured you'd be with Kari here." He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Kari! What did you do to her, why is she crying?" Avery yelled at him, I shook my head silently as Daniel perked up and looked wildly around the room.

"Kari! Is she here? I need to talk to her." Avery grabbed his arm and dragged him into the kitchen.

"No she isn't here! She went home thanks to you!"

"What? So you took her home! Did she say anything?"

"No, she didn't want to tell me anything she was too busy crying."

Daniel shook his head and buried his face in his hands. He groaned and when he looked up, pain clearly showed in his eyes.

"Damn, Avery I really messed things up this time. She's never going to forgive me." His voice was full of anguish and I felt a bit better that he at least realized what he just lost.

"I don't think she'll stay mad at you forever, but tell me what you did to make her so unhappy." Avery walked over to her brother and hugged him.

"She saw some videos...of me and another girl." He said hesitantly. I don't think Daniel knows that I told his sister about the whole video thing. Her eyes hardened and she nodded stiffly.

"Oh, okay I understand now."

"Understand what?" Daniel said a bit panicky.

"You hurt her Dan." Daniel practically exhaled in relief, but that quickly turned to a look of guilt.

"Yeah I know, do you think she'd let me visit her right now." Avery shook her head sadly.

"I don't think she would be too happy to see you right now."

And that very moment my phone decided to ring. I cursed myself and quickly tried to muffle the blaring ringtone of "Lighters" by Bruno Mars. My heart pounded as Daniel stood up and looked around suspiciously. I was still fumbling about when I finally found the silent button. When I looked up, Daniel was standing there with his arms crossed. My cheeks flared a bright red as I pushed him away to the side, making him stumble.

"I'm going home Avery." I muttered as I walked past her quickly. I almost reached the door but then the fates just weren't with me today because I fell onto the ground when my shoelace caught on a broken floor board. Daniel caught up to me and offered his hand. I ignored it and just tugged my shoelace away. I stood up and Daniel grabbed my wrist. I tried pulling away but let's face it; he is way stronger than me.

"What do you want?" I said through gritted teeth. He looked tired and his normally bright blue eyes were now a dull looking blue.

"For you to give me a second chance." He said almost desperately, holding onto my hand as if I would disappear at any second. I shook my head, this boy would never learn.

"I already gave you a second chance Daniel, and you blew it! Just leave me alone!" I yelled, Daniel looked hurt and soon he was backing away.

"You don't deserve my trust..."  I whispered just as I looked away from his gaze.

"I'll gain back your trust Kari, I promise." I paused for a bit but didn't turn around. He's made too many promises and I knew he wouldn't keep them.  

Outside of the Willow residence I checked my phone to see who had called my phone. Josh's name flashed in green over and over saying I had one missed call.

"Kari what is wrong?" Josh asked again. Josh and I had gone for a quiet stroll in the park, after I had called him back. Now he was walking me to my house, I felt guilty for bringing my foul mood into our date. But I couldn't help it, and poor Josh just kept shooting me glances of concern.

"Nothing, I'm sorry Josh; I've just had such a bad day." Josh took my hand in his and pulled me up against his chest so my cheek was touching his soft t-shirt. He ran his fingers through my hair and took me closer to the bench so we would sit. I inhaled his fresh scent of shampoo and boy cologne. In Josh's arms I felt better but being with him didn't exactly mean I was any happier.

"What do you want to do to take your mind off of it?" he whispered. I looked up at him and met his dark blue ones. I could tell he was breathing harder as he came nearer, but my mind wasn't in it as he leaned in and touched my lips with his. I was too busy thinking about the last time someone else had kissed me. I remembered the way those lips made me feel and how these lips I'm kissing now, taste so different and felt so different. When he pulled away, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sweet sensation of peace. His kiss was gentle and caring, but not passionate.

Not like Daniels kiss.

Comment. Vote. Fan:)