I double-checked to make sure that Adam’s check is in my purse… Ryder’s full payment.

“I look fine?”  I asked Dannie nervously.

“You’re a goddess!”  He agreed.

John was nodding too.

We all waited anxiously for my date to come.  I was beginning to wonder what is taking Adam so long?  Was he interrogating Ryder already?

Finally, Adam came back into the room and behind him is a breathtaking god dressed in a black silk Armani suit.  His raven hair combed smoothly in place.  He was wearing a pair of pitch dark glasses and immediately I remembered the day I rushed out of the jewelry shop after finding out that the ring that Bryan gave me was a fake.  He was no longer wearing a stud on his ear and the guy I am looking at now, was ten times classier than the Ryder I met at the bar.  It was almost hard to believe that this was the same guy.

“Hello, Astrid.  We meet again.”  He said gently.

“Oh my God!”  I heard Dannie hyperventilate behind me.

“Hey…  Ryder.”  I tried to keep my voice steady.

Only Adam seemed not so pleased with my choice and I wonder why.  He had a cold expression on his face and somehow I know that he’s biting his tongue to keep his thoughts from spilling out loud… which is painful for him!

“Shall we?”  Ryder asked.

I nodded.  He took my hand in his and gently, he intertwined our fingers.  I caught a whiff of his perfume… sweet yet masculine.

Adam raised a brow at me.

“Sorry, I forgot.  Ryder, this is my cousin Adam.  And these are my friends John and Dannie.”

Ryder politely shook their hands.  Dannie was quite ecstatic to shake his hand but I can tell the squeeze that Adam gave Ryder… as if warning him of something.  I raised a brow at Adam.  He merely nodded at me.

Finally, we said goodbye to them.  Ryder took my bag and led a me towards a sports car and immediately, my breath caught in my throat.

Now, I don’t know much about cars but I know this is not a Boxster.  And I also know that this is way more expensive than a Boxster.

He opened the passenger door for me.

“Mademoiselle?”

I smiled at him nervously and then I got into his car.  He put my bag in the trunk and then he went around the car and then sat beside me on the driver’s seat.

“You’re staying at the resort tonight right?”

I looked at him.  “You… you’re not coming with me?”

“Only if you’d like me to.”