Library

"I give up" I said sighing and resting my head on the desk in the library. Leo chuckled and put his hand on my shoulder. "There has to be something" He said, i just raised my head to look at him on the other side of the desk.

"I just don't understand" I grumbled "We have found out nothing" Leo shook his head. "Well we have found out that the Queen will find her king amongst one of our races rather than looking amongst the Origins" He tried to comfort me.

"That's something that i don't understand. I mean why us? Why not one of her own? Surely an Origin male would be far stronger. We already know that an Origin can either keep their powers or become one of us. So why not choose one of them?" I frowned.

"That's easy" Leo replied "The city only allow their mates to become part of their society. Imagine if that was not the case. Most of the Origins are related, their blood line would all be the same. They need mates from outside to keep things on track." I frowned and Leo sighed. "If were lions were like normal lions theen i would be the only one allowed to sleep with all my females and the males would be evicted. Imagine it. The male sleeps with his females, bthey have their cubs. The male cubs are allowed to stay. Who do they mate with? The only females around are their cousins, sisters and mothers. Imagine what that would do to the future cubs" I nodded my head, ok i could see what he was getting at.

"Look" Leo said pointing to the worn brown leather book in his hand "It says here that

'Queen Alyanna has yet to find her king. We are getting worried as she has reigned for two thousand years and soon must make way for her successor. The queen has decided that it is time to allow the others to roam freely. In her own words "We can no longer look for the king. I believe that by giving him his freedom he will come to us" Everything is set. It is time we stood down. When the king comes we shall return'

"The only trouble with that is they dissapeared nearly three thousand years ago" I pointed out. Leo nodded. But it does raise more questions. If they are waiting for the king to go to them, then why is she looking for him now? I would say that she is preparing for him. bringing peace to the world so that they rule again. But from what i can gather she has met him on her journey, which means she was doing this first"

"This would be so much easier if the others were here" I mumbled. rubbing my hands over my face. "Others?" "The others with the mark, they could have information that we don't. And the Fai, their leader is hundreds of years old. If the queen had visited them, he would have been the one to see her" I explained. Leo nodded "We could try and ask them" I sighed, it would be better to find out what the others knew, but something was holding me back. I decided to be honest. "To be truthful it would help. But i get the feeling it would also be dangerous. There is something telling me that we will get to meet the others, but the time is not yet" Leo went to say something but Blaze choose then to interupt.

"Daddy, daddy, look what we found" He said Kitty behind him. "It's not as old as the others, but it talks about a king" Blaze had a huge grin on his face and i realised he was trying to help. I couldn't help but smile at his naivety. Leo only encouraged him as he picked up the boy and sat him on his lap. "Come on then, what have you found that is worth our attention" He teased lightly. I turned to look at Kitty who sat by my feet and i lent down to scratch her ear, earning a calming purr as i half listened to Blaze. "It says the king was a bad man and the people were being punished for the queens mistake. It says that the princess has to find her king" It couldn't be. My head whipped up to see the book the boy was holding and a low hiss escaped my lips. "Where did you get that book?" I demanded, my temper flaring. Blaze pointed to the corner of the room, where a large cupboard stood. "In there" He said innocently. I stood up, knocking the chair over. "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THERE" I roared at him. Leo jumped up, keeping his son in his arms. "Stefan you are frightening him" He told me. I moved around the table. "No one is allowed in there, he should not have gone in" I hissed. Leo placed Blaze on the floor directly behind him. "Stefan get a hold of yourself" He demanded, i felt my fangs extend and my eyes blacken. My body tensed and i hissed at him. Leo shook his head and jumped towards me, shifting midair and landing squarely on my chest. Surprised i fell to the floor and Leo jumped back, putting himself between his son and myself. I got up and prepard to leap towards him when something else came flying at me. I caught it and spun round, pushing the body into the wall. Kitty was stood there mewling hoarsly as my fingers held her throat. "Kitty?" I spoke confussed her only reply was a strangled mewl. I released my grip and fell to my knees pushing my face into my hands. I felt Kitty licking at me, as if to tell me it was alright. I quickly grabbed her and held onto her, my face buried in her neck. Her scent helped calm me down. After a moment i turned to see Leo still in his Lion form eyeing me warily. "I am so sorry Leo" I apologised "I don't know what happened. That cupboard holds my mothers belongings. I was upset that he had gone through it, but is no excuse for my behaviour"