Ch. 2 - Stay.

About halfway through the movie, (they had decided on "Poltergeist") Ricky was goodness knows where, and Mykailla was holding onto Chris's hand tightly, cuddling close to him and burying her face in his chest, only watching the movie from the corner of her eye. Chris's arm was around her protectively.

Micah was actively trying to ignore Chris and Mykailla. 'Mykailla and Chris totally don't have a thing for each other', Micah thought to himself.

At one of the scariest parts, Mykailla pulled away from Chris a tiny bit to see better. Bad call.

A second later, she heard someone whisper 'boo' at the same time they grabbed her shoulders. She screamed, jumping halfway off the couch.

"Oh my gosh!"

It was Ricky.

Ricky and Micah started laughing. "Your-your face!" Micah laughed again, clutching his sides. Ricky was still laughing as he walked from behind the couch to sit on the armrest of the couch, arms crossed.

Chris, on the other hand, only chuckled once as he paused the movie, then pulled Mykailla down and hugged her tightly. "Hey, it's okay." He rubbed small circles on her back, and she began to shake as she clutched onto Chris.

Mykailla began to cry silently, shaking slightly more. The tears were a mix of anger and fear. Chris felt her tears on his shirt and looked down, then kissed the top of her head.

The boys were still chuckling slightly, reenacting the whole thing, completely oblivious to Mykailla.

"You guys are d*cks." Chris said, looking up at the boys and glaring. Micah chuckled again, putting his hands up.

"Come on, it was just a joke."

"Yeah, Chris. C'mon. Lighten up." Ricky said, rolling his eyes.

"You know she hates scary movies." Chris whisper yelled, to Micah mostly. "And you did it anyway. She's actually crying right now, because of you guys." He rubbed Mykailla's back again.

Micah and Ricky got serious. "Sh*t really?" Ricky asked worriedly. He didn't know she hated scary movies that much. He just thought Micah was exaggerating. He rushed over and sat next to Chris and placed a hand on Mykailla's shoulder. "Mykailla, I'm sorry."

Mykailla cringed away from him and let out a broken sob.

Ricky sighed quietly, removing his hand. "Mykailla, I didn't know you hated them that much.. It was a joke. I'm sorry."

"Mykailla?" Micah came over, frowning slightly. "It's a movie.. Calm down... Take a joke, sis."

"Y-You're an a**hole." Mykailla mumbled to Micah, hiccuping. He knew that she hated them that much, but he let Ricky scare her anyway.

Micah sighed, muttering stuff about how he needs to go to bed soon because of work. He then rubbed his temples and said at a normal tone, "Whatever. I'm going to bed." He looked to his friends briefly. "Lock the door when you guys go."

Ricky and Chris nodded.

Mykailla was just sniffling now, breathing in shakily. Ricky felt even worse.. Even if you don't like the person, doesn't mean you want to see them cry. Especially if you're the cause.

"Mykailla?" Chris asked quietly, to which she wiped her eyes and pulled away to look at him. "Ricky really is sorry. He didn't know.. I don't think."

"Yeah, if I knew-" Ricky started to apologize again, but got cut off by Mykailla leaning away from Chris and hugging him. He hugged her back, somewhat awkwardly. This is new, he thought to himself. And.. Weird.