2. Won't Talk, Can't Fight

The day of triumphant return.

The imperial capital was basked in celebration. However the Earl's mansion was the totally opposite. It was a dead silence. No celebration party, no welcoming ceremony, not even a simple dinner.

The Earl hurried back to his mansion, and rejected to see some guests, with the reason that after three years out in the war, he needed some personal space with his family.

Even though this disappointed the guests, no one can refute this reason.

Inside the Earl's mansion, the kingdom's hero and his son were staring at each other.

The look of his eyes were deep, depressing, and complex. If he didn't firmly believe that his wife never cheated. The moment the Earl see the child, he questioned if this is really his son.

The boy's face and build is vastly different from the Earl. The men in the Roland family were famous for their image of masculinity. A typical Roland man will have a big body, a wide chest, bulked arms, squared face, the look of a hero. At least the Earl looked like this.

But this little guy...

Even though he's only three years old, he's too white, and skinny. I heard he had an injury a month ago, perhaps that's the explanation.

The three year old Earl's heir, Duwei Roland, looked at his father with indifferent eyes. He didn't cry like children his age. This disappointed the Earl. According to customs, the louder a child cries, the stronger they will become.

Yet, this boy was a little too quiet. He just sat on his bed, with hands on his knees, and stared at me with a bit of curiosity and inspection.

The Earl thought to himself, I must be wrong at judging, how can a child's eyes have such complex feelings?

While the Earl was a little gloomy, Duwei's feelings were more complex.

The Earl's wife had soften Duwei's heart with the events that happened. But this 'father' that suddenly appeared...

"He... really can't talk?" The Earl asked his wife with a stern expression. Tears started filling up her eyes. Seeing this the Earl's expression softened. He thought to himself, he left for three years, leaving his wife alone. A woman needed her husband the most when she was about to give birth. And he was not able to be by her side. And their son became like this, there's nothing to blame on this poor woman.

The Earl said softly, "Honey, we will hire the wisest teacher in the kingdom. He will be able to speak one day. But his body is too weak. The Roland family built their reputation through battles and victories. And my son will follow my path to become a general. He can't be this weak. He's already three, I think it's time we find him an instructor. After a few years of training his body should bulk up. What do you think about Alpha? He's my most royal guard. His combat skills are high, and he's royal to the family. I think starting next month, we can have Alpha teach Duwei some basic training techniques."

Upon hearing her poor son will have to train at such an early age, tears poured down the mother's eyes. "But.. he's still so young."

"Due to his body is weaker than most people, he has to take up training at an early age. Otherwise how can he inherit the Roland family!" The Earl took his position firm and that was decided.

The second day, after seeing the king and receiving his third rank 1 medal, the king promoted Earl Raymond Roland as the kingdom's vice general.

Raymond Roland's son is retarded, this is not a secret in the imperial city. Everyone can see the gloom on the Earl's face during the celebration ceremony.