Dirty Little Secret

Harry Potter had a secret.

Something it had taken him four years to realize.

Something that could change EVERYTHING.

The sixteen-year-old boy realized he was in love with his best friend, Draco Malfoy.

It was a bit surprising, that he hadn't realized it until now. Ever since they had met there had been little signs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At eleven years old, starting secondary school, he was a nervous wreck. He walked into the unfamiliar boarding school (his aunt and uncle had sent him off) with no friends, seeing all of the different kids hanging out with the friends they had already made. The thing was, Harry was never good at making friends.He was the outcast, he was different. When he went to his first class, all of the desks were in pairs, and he sat at one in the very back, alone. A few minutes later, a boy with grey eyes and platinum blonde hair, who looked a bit taller than Harry, walked in. Despite there being numerous different empty groups and people sitting by themselves, he walked over to Harry and sat beside him.

"Hi," he said with a smile, "I saw you sitting alone and decided to come join you. I'm Draco Malfoy. And your name is..?" He stuck out his hand and I shook it.

"Harry Potter," I said grinning.

He ignored that he felt chills up his spine when their hands touched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In third year Draco came in their shared dorm one day and went straight to the bathroom. 

"That's it," he said, "I'm done with this hair. I refuse to slick it back anymore."

After about fifteen minutes Harry heard the bathroom door slam shut and footsteps over to where he was sitting on the bed. 

"How do I look?" Draco asked. Harry looked up from the book he had been reading and gasped a bit. With his hair all messy and falling into his eyes, Draco looked...cute. 

Harry shook away the feeling and grinned.

"Crappy."

Draco punched him on the arm and laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In fifth year of secondary school, Draco went into a rebellious phase which he never really got out of. Harry was a bit rebellious as well, but not half as bad as Draco. He burst into their dorm room one day with a twinkle in his eyes that Harry knew all too well. Draco had an idea, and it was a mischievous one.

"Oh, god, what is it now?" Harry asked. Draco laughed. 

"We're gonna prank Snape," he said grinning.

Snape was the most mean, snakiest teacher in the entire school, and he HATED Harry and Draco. Harry was intrigued. He raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Go on."

Draco explained his plan. They were to go into his office and put firework poppers inside every cushion of the couch and his desk chair. Harry smiled. 

"I'm in."

Once they had finished, they hid behind a table to watch the outcome. They couldn't help but snicker when Snape sat down and immediately sprang back up when the loud sound of a thousand fireworks popping emerged from inside the cushion. He looked around angrily to figured out where the snickering had came from and Harry and Draco ran out the door and didn't stop running until they were sure they were safe. 

Both boys were breathing heavily and doubled over laughing. Once they had calmed down, Harry looked up at Draco and their eyes met. That was when he realized it, he was in love with Draco. Once he realized it, his heart skipped a beat, and he just stood there.

"Harry, are you okay?" Draco asked him.

"I..have to go," he said, and ran off to their dorm room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the beginning of sixth year, Draco got a girlfriend.

Harry's entire world crashed down. 

From the moment Draco told him, Harry avoided his best friend as much as possible, even taking such measures as to sleep in an abandoned dorm room so he wouldn't have to face him. 

About a month after the incident, Harry had to go into the dorm room one day to get something of his. As he was walking out the door, he felt someone grab his arm. 

"Harry, stop."

He turned around to see Draco staring back at him.

"What do you want?" Harry asked.

"I want to know why you've been avoiding me. Did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me? Whatever I did I'm sorry, I just want my best friend back," Draco said. They were really close now, their faces centimeters away. Harry's breaths were short and quick, and Draco's were the same.

"Or maybe," Draco said, cupping Harry's face with one hand, "maybe that isn't what I want you to be anymore."

That was it. Harry closed the gap between them and kissed Draco with all he had. Draco immediately kissed back, his arms around Harry's waist and Harry's arms around Draco's neck. Draco ran his tongue across Harry's bottom lip and moved his hands onto Harry's hipbones to grip them tightly. Harry moaned, allowing Draco entrance to his mouth, and the kiss deepened. Draco went to pull away but Harry grabbed Draco's blonde locks and pulled him back to him, letting him know he wanted more. Eventually, though, they did pull away, both breathing heavily.

"I-wow," was all Harry could say.

"Do you wanna..maybe..be my boyfriend?" Draco asked.

"What about your girlfriend, though?" Harry asked.

"I only dated her to cover up my feelings for you. She knows, too. So she doesn't really matter," Draco explained. Harry smiled and pulled Draco in for another kiss. When they pulled away, Harry smiled a smile that stretched from ear to ear.

"In that case, I would love to."