Chapter 9: Three Dances

Start from the beginning

His beautiful blue eyes. His eyes were like a puddle of water; so clear you could see through his soul. Yet his sapphire eye resembled the bottom of the ocean so mysterious, intriguing. His light brown hair was creamy as chocolate bars; rich full intent.

Why was I staring at Raj like this? Why did I feel this way? Why did I want to just stay in his arms forever and never let go? 

I noticed the distance between our lips began to shorten and I liked the feeling his lips so close to mine..I wanted them to touch. He searched through my eyes for permission to proceed and I nodded in agreement. I could feel his breath brush my skin and right when we were about to kiss... 

"Can I dance with Naina?" We both looked at each other startled and jumped back a few centimeters. 

"Umm sure." Raj replied to the stranger but I was to embarrassed to even look at either of their faces. 

The man grabbed me by my waist and pulled our bodies together. I didn't look to see who it was, but for some reason it felt right to be in this strangers arms. He moved left and right and it felt like our bodies were just perfect with each other. I finally got the nerve to meet the person eyes. 

"Ethan!" I shrieked. 

"You are just now noticing me? Seriously Naina we've been dancing for like 10minutes." 

"Sorry, I was caught up in my thoughts." I mumbled 

"I could tell." He let out a smile. A genuine smile that kind of made my heart melt. 

"You know you're not that bad of a dancer." Ethan told me. 

"Wait OMG did Ethan Meyers, The Ethan Meyers just compliment me!" I said with a bunch of sarcasm. 

He rolled his eyes " I give out compliments Naina." 

"Really, because to what I recall when you saw me tonight you said and I quote "I've seen better." " 

"And you took it to heart. Seriously Naina you look drop dead gorgeous. You look so sexy that you make my heart skip a beat. Better?" 

"Just a tad." I giggled. 

"We'll I'm not the only one that find you attractive." 

Did he just say I was "attractive". The hottest guy at our former school just said I was appealing to his eye. I could feel my cheeks fluster at the word. 

"The "only one"?" I finally was able to gain the courage of letting the words escape. 

"We'll your two friends were all up on your lips." 

"They were not!! Raj and me are friend..." I felt as if I was trying to convince  myself instead of him-" and Aman an idiot." 

"Aman is an idiot, but you and Raj were definitely going to take you friendship to a whole new level." 

"Even if we were, why do you care? " I ask defensively. 

"I don't I'm just stating the facts." He replied emotionlessly. 

"Ethan just shut up and drop the subject." He didn't say anything for a while and I decided to take the incentive and actually start a conversation. 

"Why are dog's tongues cleaner than human?" Really. Did I really just asked that question. Couldn't I ask what his favorite color was. Ethan just started at me weirdly trying to register what I just said. 

"You weird." 

"So I have been told." I smiled casually.  

We then danced for god knows how long just laughing and making fun of each other. Until Aman interrupted us to dance with me. 

"First a kiss and now dancing. Do you have a crush on me?" 

Aman chuckled. "Haha you wish. Plus I only came here to dance with you because Brianna has been staring at you wanting to murder you because you danced with Raj and Ethan." 

"Oh. Thanks." 

It was silent after that. We danced for five minutes before I realize Aman was staring at some girl since we started. I turned my head to realize he was staring at Sal. 

"Do you like her?" 

Aman head snapped up and stared directly at me. "Who?" 

"Sal of course." 

He let out a nervous laugh and avoided eye contact with me. " No! I dislike Sal." 

"You guys are close friends." 

"No we are friends by default." 

"Default?" I raised my eyebrows

"Yeah, I am friends with you and Sal is your best friend therefore I have to be friends with her." 

"Whatever floats your boat Aman." He was just as stubborn as shall and there was no point in trying to get it out of him. If he wanted to tell me , he would , but just when he was ready too. 

"Well you guys would make a cute couple." He didn't respond but just kept on dancing. 

We walked back to the hotel and went in to our rooms. Sal collapsed on the bed and fell in to a deep sleep. Me on the other hand, I just stared at the ceiling replaying the whole night in my head. 

Did I like Raj?

***

OMG!! I CANT BELIEVE I HAVE 500+ READS!!!! YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!