Prologue

Maya's POV

"I heard a new boy is in town and he's coming to our school." Said Riley as we walked down the hall to our class.

"Oh really?" I said with my head down. Great more competition.

I swung my arm around her shoulder. "Well I'm never going to let him take you away from me."

"Your so overprotective Maya. I'll be fine. He probably isn't even cute."

Just then he saw a boy walking with brunette hair and tan skin walking down the hall. His eyes sparkled light blue and I could notice that Riley is staring at him.

Oh no.

He approached us and I immediately felt intimidated. "Hi, do you girls know where the Ms Johnson's Science class is?"

"Sure I'll walk you there." Said Riley and she separated from me. "Thanks." They both walked away from me and I stood there in shock.

I can't believe that she actually left. I sighed and walked to my Math class. The teacher glared at me as I walked in. "Your late."

"Do I care?" The whole class chuckled as I walked to the back of the class room. I took a seat and listened to the boring lecture.

The class took notes while I wrote random things in my book.

After class I went to the lunch room and bought a burger with some fries. I sat down at a table and saw that Riley was sitting down with Lucas the new guy.

I'm not gonna give up on her. I picked up my lunch and sat down at their table.

"Maya! I totally forgot to sit with you I'm sorry."

"It's fine but can I talk to you in private?" I eyes Lucas and he nodded. He picked up his lunch and went to an other table.

"What's up Maya?"

"So, you and the cowboy now?"

"It's not like that Maya." She said and sighed.

"Your telling me this and you ditch me for him? He literally just came today and you prefer him over me."

"So, I you slipped my mind it's not lik-
I cut her off and continued. "When ever have I slipped your mind Riles."

She looked down looking sad. I felt really bad for doing that to her but it's the truth. I already don't like this new guy.

"I'm sorry ok." She hugged me tightly and I wanted to pull away for a second because I was a little mad at her but when I tried she only held me tighter.

I hugged her back finally and pecked her cheek while blushing I said,"I forgive you."

She held my cheeks and brought our faces closer. My heart raced faster but all she did was kiss my nose.

She pulled away and I suddenly felt empty. "Can I come over to your house after school?" I asked.

"Sure." She smiled and got up. I saw her disappear in the crowd of teens and I just sat there. Man I wish one day I could call her mine.

----

Riley POV.

Maya crawled through my window and sat down next to me.

"Hey."

"Hey." I smiled at her and gave her a big hug. She hugged back and pulled away.

"Maya would you dance with me?" I said cheerfully.

She laughed."What? Why do you want to dance?"

"I found a new favorite song today and I really want to dance to it."

She huffed and pouted. "Is that why your in a dress?" I nodded and lifted up her chin.

"Please?"

"Fine."

"Yay!" I exclaimed I turned on the song and picked her up.

She noticed it was a romantic song and her face went red.

I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her closer.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and swayed along with the music.

The song came to an upbeat part and I twisted her around. She laughed as I picked her up and swung her around.

I sang along to the lyrics. "I see written in the stars.

She continued. "I see it written in the stars. We were here."

"We were here."

I smiled widely at her as the song became slow again. Our faces came closer and we looked deeply into each other's eyes.

I can't lie,Maya looked beautiful right now. Suddenly she picked me up bridal style and swung me around. I giggled as she put me down.

I thought I heard she whispered I love you but that's impossible she's my best friend. But I can't help what I'm about to do right now.

I slowly leaned in and she leaned in. I closed me eyes and waited for our lips to touch but just then my Dad barged in.

She quickly pulled away from me. "Maya your here?" She stuttered for a bit when answering. "Y - Yeah I-I was about to l-l-l-leave. She quickly climbed out of the window leaving me there alone with me dad.

"What just happened?" He asked in confusion.

"Honestly Dad I don't know my self."

-------

First book on here I hope it does well. Don't hate me if it's bad I'm sorreh!

----

This is the author from the future and a lot of people are like aren't they in 7-8 grade or something? They aren't they are in 10-11 grade in this story just to clear up the confusion.