Chapter 15: Reunions, Revelations, and Returning Home

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps," she said coldly, "but if I hear that Snape doesn't improve next year, I will not hesistate to come up here and deal with him. I've already considered moving into Dressler Manor, simply to be closer to him."

"I know that, Daphne. And I understand. Severus was out of line."

"To say the least. Fine. I've said my say. We will not mention this in front of Harry, he's got enough to deal with right now."

"Agreed. I am sorry, Daphne," he said softly. Daphne didn't need to use Legillimacy to tell he really meant it.

"I'm sorry too, Albus," she said over her shoulder.

When Harry awoke, the world was fuzzy. He quickly realized he wasn't wearing his glasses. He reached for them, feeling unusually weak. He felt the glasses being placed onto his face, and looked up to see the tear-streaked face of Daphne staring down at him. Harry reached out his arms, but couldn't move them.

"Hello, Harry," Daphne said quietly.

"Daph…"

"Shhh. It's alright, Harry, I'm here now. I'm so glad you're alright," she said softly, tears streaking down her face. She ran a hand through his hair and bent down to kiss his forehead. Her eyes were filled with pride and relief.

"Hermione…?" Harry asked desperately. The last sight he remembered was of his best friend bleeding on the chamber floor.

Daphne gestured to his right, and Harry saw his best friend sleeping silently in her own bed. His face broke into a smile at the sight. "She's fine, Harry. I've actually talked to her a few times already. This is the first time you've woken up."

"How long has it been?" Harry asked.

"Four days. I nearly had a heart attack when Dumbledore contacted me, and I demanded to come here immediately."

Harry felt his exhaustion creeping up on him. "Daphne…"

She placed a finger to her lips. "Shhh. You're tired, Harry. Get some rest; I'll stay here as long as I have to."

Harry smiled weakly and closed his eyes, falling back into the darkness.

Harry opened bleary eyes and blinked. The world was fuzzy again. Groping around for his glasses, he found this on the bedside table and put them on. He tried to sit up but found he didn't have the energy. He turned his head to Hermione's bed, and saw her sitting up reading their Transfiguration textbook, an inkwell on the nightstand, a quill in her hands, and a piece of parchment over one side of the book. Harry chuckled weakly.

"Do you ever stop studying?"

Hermione jumped, and then squealed, "Harry! You're awake!"

"Go to see you to, 'Mione. How long have you been up?" Harry asked tiredly.

"About four hours. And Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't call me 'Mione. I'm really not that fond of that nickname. Don't ask why, it's just annoying," she said matter-of-factly. Harry shrugged.

"Whatever you say…Has Dumbledore been around yet? And where's Daphne?" Harry asked, surprised that his aunt wasn't around.

As Hermione opened her mouth to speak, the sound of loud arguing came from outside the closed Hospital Wing doors. It sounded like Daphne and Snape.

"…I don't care if he stopped the Dark Lord or not! He deserves to be expelled!"

"…Don't give me that, Snape," Daphne snapped. "You owe him more than anyone. Or have you forgotten about your previous occupation."