Chapter 5

Naida P.O.V

On my Schedule it says that my first lesson is Spanish with Mr. Mendez. Let's see I'm actually really good in spanish i don't even know why. I was searching the room and it was pretty difficult, since the School is huge.

* Ding Dong*

Great now the Bell rang and I'm still not in class great start I thought to myself. I was running down the hall back to the secretary. As I arrived I entered the Office and there she was standing again behind the reception.

Me: " Sorry again but I can't find the classroom." She smiled at me.

Secretary: "No Problem. I'll lead you to the room and I'll tell the teacher that you couldn't find it. But since it's your first day it's not really bad that you're some minutes late." I smiled at her and thanked her.

As we were walking my heart was beating so fast, it was crazy. I never felt this nervous before. Not even in the other Schools but maybe that was because I knew we'll move out some months later but now it's forever. As I was thinking how to apologize to the teacher, the secretary stopped in front of a door where it said "Room 307 - Spanish". Well I guess this is it. She knocked on the door and got in. I followed her.

Mr. Mendez: "Open up your books at page 18 and do the first exercise."

As he noticed that someone got in, he turned his head to face us. He smiled.

Mr. Mendez: "I guess you must be Naida. Welcome to our School."

Me: " Yes I am and thank you." I smiled at him.

Mr. Mendez: "Please take a seat wherever you want."

Me: "Okay thanks." I looked around the class and saw everyone staring at me. wow I hate this already. I made my way to a desk at the front where no one was sitting.

Mr. Mendez: "Okay class we have a new Student and I want everyone, to be nice to her." The class just remained silent.

Mr. Mendez: "So Naida would you like to tell us something about yourself in spanish?"

Me. "Okay." I waited some seconds and then I moved on " Hola me llamo Naida y tengo 16 años."

Class: "Hola Naida"

Mr. Mendez gave me a spanish book and then we moved on the whole period just doing some exercises. Every lesson was the same. I was sitting alone every time and now it's lunch break and I don't know what to eat, since I wasn't really hungry. I was enjoying the sun while sitting on a bench. I was looking around and almost everyone was staring at me and I really feel uncomfortable. I decided to call my mom and see how her first day is going.

Mom: "Hello?"

Me: "Hii mom it's me."

Mom: " Hey Babyboo. How's your day going?"

Me: " Normal just that everyone is staring at me but I wanted to ask how your first day of work is."

Mom: " I really like it and babygirl don't bother they're just jealous."

Me *laughing*" Well thanks mom that made me feel better."

Mom: "Great I could make you laugh."

Me: " You know you always do."

Mom: "I know. I'm the best."

Me: " Yes you are."

Mom: " Naida I have to go back to work. I'll see you at home bye love you."

Me: "Okay mom have fun and love you too." I sent her a kiss through my phone so she could hear.

*Ding Dong*

Well I guess lunch break is over. As I'm walking my way to PE class, I hear some girls talk about me and they're behind me. I hate when People can't say it in your face. I wanted to turn around and tell them my opinion but I thought better not, since it's my first day and I don't want to be kept in detention if they start some shit.

The whole day nothing happened and I knew it would be the same like in all other Schools that I've been at.