A New Friend

I wake up in the medi trailer in a bed much like the ones at the hospital.

"What happened?" My voice hurts. I guess I haven't had water in a while. I look out the windows to see the sun setting over the lake.

"Something knocked you over and you landed on your arm. The pain caused you to pass out." I turn my head to the side, with much pain, to see Jeremy leaning up against the wall. He holds up his finger to make me wait before he leaves the room.

Like I could go anywhere I think. A few seconds after he left he comes back with the nurse and Nate.

"Okay sweetie this will hurt a little but not much." The nurses name tag says her name is Amy. Amy smells like cinnamon. She pulls out the wires from my arm preventing me from getting dehydrated. I realize I am still in my basketball clothes.

"The good news is you didn't break your arm, the bad news, you can't play basketball for a few days" Amy sounds like this news will make me break down. She puts my arm in a sling and lets me leave. Nate helps hold me on my bad side, my left luckily, and Jeremy puts his arm around my waist on my right. We head to the mess hall. I stop walking when we get almost there.

"Are you okay?" Nate asks me.

"Yeah but can we make a quick stop at my cabin? I need to change out of these clothes. They smell"

"Of course! Jeremy, take her and I'll tell the people in charge that we can start soon."

With that me and Jeremy head down the path to my cabin. I go in the old door and go over to my bag. I reach in and pull out a plain shirt and slip it on. It takes a bit of effort not to yell with the amount of pain but I get through it. I slip off my basketball shorts. I put my short shorts back on since they are right on my bed. I slip my sandals back on also. I pull my hair out of the pony tail I put it in before the game. I go into the bathroom and give my hair a quick brush.

 My curly hair falls around my shoulders. I open the door and Jeremy jumps off the bottom stair and holds his hand out to me. I take his hand because I need help down the stairs. We head back to the Mess Hall. I take my hand back once we get to the end of the path. Everyone from the team is already at their tables. The only problem is, they are different tables. They all sit at different tables and have an expression of pure sadness on their faces. I go sit at the only empty table. Jeremy sits at the table of his friends. I wave at him to get his attention. It hurts but if my plan goes as planned, it will be worth it.

"Hey are you okay? Do you need anything?" He asks me. I can hear a little bit of Texas in his voice.

"Actually can you do me a favor?" I whisper it in his ear. He nods and smiles.

"Sure" Jeremy goes to all the tables and gets all of the people that played earlier and invites them to sit with us. I am beginning to feel warmly towards him. Him and his hockey jersey. Penguins all the way! We go around and introduce ourselves. James,Carol,Ron,Jeremy,Alex-the guy who asked about my shoes-, Lewis,and Emma.

"Ella, can I talk to you for a minute?" It's Jeremy.

"Sure" I follow him out the doors and onto the porch.

"Ella, I like you. This is taking a lot of guts for me to tell you so please let me finish before you say anything." I wave to let him know to finish.

"I have liked you since you walked past our group today. I know it may sound soon but since I have gotten to know you more I realize I like you. You may not have seen me outside cause I was helping cook lunch, but that's not important. What is though, is that I like you and want to go out with you. So do you like me?" His words come tumbling out so fast he has to stop and take a breath after saying that.

" Jeremy, you are smart, athletic,kind,help full, and like Pittsburgh Penguins." I step close to him and put my good arm around his neck, pulling him close to me. I feel his arms go around my waist so gently and carefully its nice that he remembered my arm.

"Of course I like you, even though we haven't known each other long. The summer is short."

"So wanna go out with me?"

"Yes" I feel the smile spread across my face. I see his smile spread across his face. I look into his bright green eyes. He is at least a few inches taller then me so I have to balance on my tip toes to kiss him. we kiss and it feels amazing. Its nothing nasty like a make out session but not just a peck ether. It feels nice to feel my body close to his. I feel his muscles under his jersey. My hand slides down his arm feeling those muscles also.

My hand then goes and runs through is short blond hair. There are a lot of muscles under his jersey. We break apart and he is still smiling. He grabs my hand and we head back into the Mess Hall.

Edited March 28 2016