Chapter 23

The rest of the afternoon went as smoothly as it could've with the situation at hand. Laughter and I stayed curled up on my bed while Allore was forced to sit either at the edge or on the floor. (Laughter wouldn't let him near me as much as the redhead begged, thank god for him.)

Eventually it grew late, my head rested against my friend's chest and Allore slowly stood up from sitting on the carpet. Ben was long gone by now, having left hours ago and probably ranting to Jenevee. Like he does.

"Listen... Lass.. I get ye don't wan' me 'ere as much as you could, but I really would like t' sleep on t'e bed tonight." He gave me an almost shy smile while he spoke, and I felt Laughter tense and growl, probably about to spit out some threat.

"Fine." Was all I said, pulling from Laughter's side as I laid on the left side, him following me to give Allore the opposite.

As the stranger got cozy, Laughter's lips fell around my earlobe, murmuring into my ear and grabbing a shudder from me. Of course... I shoved him away. After a few moments. "Are you sure you're comfortable with him here?"

I wasn't. Of course I wasn't. Have you seen the guy? He's a creep and an ass, I told Laughter this.

His slender fingers ran along my hips, and my thighs, and my waist. I let them.. He was only comforting me, being a good friend, it wasn't anything more. I'm with Jack.

Jack. Jack. My boyfriend, Jack.

The boy I love, Jack.

The only person who can touch me, Jack.

I pushed away his hands and slid under the blankets. He joined me and I didn't push him when he held me close. He's only a good friend, if anything a father figure.

Ew, wait, no. That's too weird to think about.

I began to wonder where Jack was, and why he wasn't here. Laughter must've sensed my negativity, as his arms tightened around me and his voice stayed low, though it was useless considering you could hear Allore snoring a mile away.

"Did he hurt you?" His breath was hot. Really hot, actually. Why was I thinking so hard?

"Who?"

"Eyeless. Did he hurt my Kitty?" For just a moment, I thought about the fact that he called me his. I'd already turned down that statement from Allore, but.. When he said it, it feels true. Not that I wanted to be with him, but in a way he did have me. He had almost full control of my emotions and body, I'd let him do anything to me.

Almost anything.

He owned me and there was no way around that. I liked it.

"No, he was.. gentle."

A moment of silence went by, uncomfortable and tense, before Laughter was petting my hair.

"Bullshit."

"Bulltruth!"

"I see the marks, Kitten," Shit. "I see the bites," Oh god.. "and the scratches. He's lucky you like him dollface."

"I'm not a kid. I can take care of myself."

"You are a kid. Eyeless is thousands of years old Kitten. He's older than Ben, y'know that? The guy's ancient."

I felt my face flush over. Not entirely with anger, some I was just plain embarrassed. "So are you!"

"Oh no no no, I'm not an old fart, I've been in this mansion for some time but not as long as some of these guys. I'm only a few hundred years young lady. Don't be insulting me."

Okay, that drew the smallest of a laugh from me, I was surprised Allore was sleeping through our conversation.

"What if I do? You're not gonna hurt me, you love me."

His fingers dug into my side, not daring to use his nails. "I don't love anyone."

A grin was on my lips now, and I could hear it on his aswell. "Nuh-uh, you love me to bits. Bet if Jack wasn't with me you'd have made a move on me tonight."

"Bullshit."

"Bulltruth."

I turned around to flash him a big smile and he responded by pressing a kiss to the corner of my lips, hugging me again and pushing my head down to lay on the pillow.

"Okay, maybe I love you just a little bit."

(LOOK EVERYONE I UPDATED! Incase you haven't seen, you can bug me into updating via my tumblr, chikier)