Between Love & Deception (Chapter 32)

Start bij het begin

            I sucked a deep breath in, and nodded. As we started walking out of the drive way, I turned towards Samantha. “Is he alright? He looked very upset just then.”

            She looked over at me and forced a smile, “Yes, there has just been a lot going on lately.”

            I looked at her curiously. I wanted to know everything, I mean whatever is wrong. For a moment, I wandered if It was about Carter. I mean, he isn’t exactly ever around for him. “Is everything alright with Carter? I have just seen that he hasn’t exactly been around much for him.”

            My eyes glanced down at her, hoping that I didn't say too much. Though, she was looking like she was debating hard on whether she should open up to me or not.

            “Everything is fine with Carter. Everything is fine.” She looked back up at me for a slight second and then looked away. For some reason, I felt like she was holding back. I couldn’t figure out why though. Why won’t she just open up to me?

Samantha

            Stupid, stupid, stupid Samantha! You just had the perfect chance to tell him about Beau and you passed the opportunity up. I thought to myself, as we rode in his car silently. I know, I had the perfect opportunity. I felt like if I told him now and he didn't like what he heard then he would immediately run. Then I wouldn’t be able to explain fully.

            I turned my attention to him and I instantaneously smiled. It was like an instant reaction. He looked so nice in his blazer, and nice blue jeans. His hair still looked the same, still curly and everywhere. In all honesty though, I think that is what makes him so sexy. “So, where are you taking me?” I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

            Danny glanced towards me and slightly grinned. “You’ll see.”

            We road for a few minutes, and then we suddenly stopped at the old drive-in movie theater. I looked around at the empty parking lot, and then looked at him curiously. He wore a huge smile, “Uhh, this is very…Nice Danny.” I said, hesitantly.

            He immediately laughed, and then rolled his eyes. “Just wait.” He said, as he pulled me out of the car.

            I giggled a little bit and then looked over at him. “I didn't even know this place was still open.”

            “It’s not. The owner is a family friend, and I begged him open it up for the night. Just for us.” He said, while pulling me along.