Chapter 8: Bionic Birthday Fail

(Since she's not going to school, just ignore the bag at the top with the outfit.)

-----------------------------------------

Gemma's POV

I walked down to the lab and watched as Adam, Bree and Chase did some flips and kicks in the training simulator. I walked up to Leo and hugged him and said, "Happy early birthday!" I discovered a new bionic ability which was reading people's thoughts. Leo's were full of happiness and joyness.

"Aww, thank you." Leo said and suddenly turned serious. "You better have bought me a present."

I chuckled and said, "Maybe, or maybe not." Leo playfully rolled his eyes at me. I did actually buy him a present though. It was an xbox 360 elite, the one Leo always wanted, but it was too expensive. I've been saving up my money for that, so he better take good care of it. I then noticed that the trio stopped their training and they took off their goggles.

"Adam, that was the rebel leader. The whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him." Big D scolded.

"I did, and his answer was, 'Aaaaaaaaaggghhh!!!' " Adam yelled and I chuckled. I walked to Chase and gave him a kiss. Everyone groaned in disgust and I rolled my eyes at them. Chase smiled at me and slid his arm around my waist.

"Hey, next time could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyed rebel?" Bree asked and Big D looked at her with a 'really' look. Bree saw his look and immediately defended herself, "What? I'm just sayin'. It's not gonna kill you to add a little somethin'-somethin' for the ladies."

Leo smirked and took the goggles from Chase's hand, stood on the simulator and said, "Step aside, amateurs. Go ahead, Big D. Set it to 'awesome'." By the time he had said that, the trio had already walked away.

Big D stepped onto simulator with Leo and took the goggles off of him while saying, "Leo, these goggles are not a toy."

"Come on! My birthday's coming up-- globally known as 'Dia de Leo'." Leo said and I looked at him strangely.

"Leo, look. We know it that it's your birthday tomorrow, but I don't think everyone in the world knows that." I said to him.

"No, I designed the mission simulator to fine-tune their bionics, not to go on 3-D joyrides. Besides, you're not trained for it." Big D said, stepping off the platform.

"Well, how about as a birthday gift, you give me a bionic ability?" Leo asked.

"Or I could gift-wrap reality and you could play with that for a while." Big D said and I stifled in my laugh.

Leo glared at me and I said, "What? It's your birthday tomorrow, not today. I have every right to be mean to you." He just rolled his eyes at me and I smiled. Big D walked out of the lab and the trio walked to us.

"So, Leo's having a birthday. What are you like, nine?" Chase asked, smirking. That smirk was so stupid, yet adorable.

"Fourteen." Leo deadpanned and Chase started laughing.

He then turned serious and said, "No, seriously."

"So, how are you gonna celebrate?" Bree asked.

Leo smiled goofily and explained to Adam, Bree and Chase, "We're all going to celebrate. Every year, my mom throws me a big surprise party."

"Really?" Adam asked, half excited and half in disbelief.

Leo smirked and said, "Last year she baked a cake the size of me. I'm not gonna brag, but I was delicious. Right, Gemma?" Leo asked.