My Brothers Best Friend(Louis Tomlinson FanFiction)

I pulled into my driveway, turned my car off and grabbed my bag. I had already had a horrible day, I didn't want my annoying know-it-all older brother to make it worse. I climbed out and stomped up to the house. Fumbling around for my house key, I dropped my bag.

"Great. Just what I freaking need on a day like this." I mumbled under my breath, bending down to pick up the spilled contents from my bag. A pair of hands reached down in front of me, making me jump a bit when they picked up the scattered items on the porch. I looked up to see a set of perfect white teeth grinning down at me. I knew who those teeth belonged to. The one and only Louis Tomlinson. My life long crush. But, could I ever get close to him? No. He's my brother's best friend so that automatically made him off limits. Scowling a bit, I stood up, fixing my shirt. Louis smiled, handing over my house key. 

"Hey, Louis." I smiled shyly, taking the key from his hand and shoving it inside the lock, hearing the soft click as the lock was turned. 

"You're home early. Nothing to do after school?" He asked, laughing a bit.

I shook my head, smiling slightly as I turned the knob and walked into the house. I try avoiding talking to Louis, because I'm afraid that maybe I'll say something I'll regret. Not my fault. Its his, really. Those sea blue eyes of his have some weird truth factor in them, I swear. When we were younger, I had accidentally broken Louis' favorite action figure and I tried to lie to him and tell him that my brother broke it, but when he looked at me, I caved and I told him that I did it and I had earned a week of noogies and I had to get him a new toy with the money that I had saved up to get a new doll. Needless to say, I was out a new doll and my hair was matted in one spot for a few days. 

 I turned into the kitchen and grabbed an orange from the bowl on the counter and walked upstairs throwing my bag on my little couch. Leaning against my bedroom door,  I thought about just leaving Louis down there by himself until my brother came home, but then a question sparked my curiosity. So, I took a deep breath, and walked back downstairs, bracing myself to have more than a 2 word conversation with him.  

"Why are you here?" I asked, sitting in a chair across from Louis. He seemed surprised that I had spoken to him, being as I never speak when he's around.

"There's nothing exciting there and my mum would wring my neck if she found me at home and not at school. " He answered, playing with the corner of the throw pillow on the couch.

I nodded slowly, diverting my eyes to the orange that was resting in my lap. I felt his eyes boring into my head, but I didn't react. It was already awkward enough in the room. Why did I come back downstairs? 

It was quiet for a few more minutes when I heard footsteps coming closer to me. My head snapped up when thefootsteps stopped. Louis was standing in front of me, grinning a bit. Colour automatically filled my cheeks as I looked into his ocean blue eyes. They sparkled as he stared into my emerald green eyes. I blink, trying to snap back to reality. 

"Why are you so close to me?" I whispered, not trusting my voice at the moment.

He smirked, bringing his face closer to mine, making me draw back a little bit. His hand slowly lifted, touching my hair. My eyebrows furrow in amazement and shock. He pulls a few times, like he's trying to remove something. My eyes are stuck to his face. How close he is to me, why he's touching my hair, what would he do if I kissed him right now? What? I shouldn't be thinking about things about things like that. Especially about my brother's best friend! I feel his hand leave my hair and he's holding a piece of lettuce in front of him and smirking, obviously holding in his laughter.

Heat flew up my to cheeks, and my head fell into my hands. How freaking embarrassing! He had just found a piece of my lunch in my hair! That has to be the worst thing that could've ever happened to me!