#3. Three

"Why would you snowboard? It's so much harder than skiing." I questioned Justin as we went up the skii lift.

He laughed, "Skiing's for girls."

I raised my eyebrows with my jaw slightly dropped, "And I guess snowboarding is for sexist men." Justin just shrugged with a grin plastered on his face. So I continued, "Or men who are unconfident within their sexuality."

He rolled his eyes, "I thought we'd been through this already. I wear purple, remember? I'm perfectly confident within my sexuality."

I shrugged, "You never know."

He laughed, "If you didn't kiss me last night, I'd think you wanted me to be gay, what with all the comments on my sexuality."

My jaw dropped once again, "I kissed you?"

He looked at me with mock confusion, "Isn't that what happened?"

I laughed, "I believe you kissed me, Mr.Bieber."

He leaned over, leaving less than a few centimeters between our faces, "What? Like this?" And then he leaned over and captured my lips in his. Only, it wasn't like the night before. His lips weren't as soft and hesitant, and he definitely lingered for longer. Long enough for me to grab a hold of his skii jacket, right by his waist.

He was the one to pull away, and I uncleanched the hand that was tightly gripping his jacket, embarrased by my hasty actions. He must have seen it written on my face because he laughed and gave me a light peck on the lips, "Stop being so shy; It's only you and me. It's silly to be embarassed by a small action like that, Soph."

I laughed after a second, to hide my discomfort. To be honest, I didn't know why I was feeling uncomfortable. In the last month and a half, I hadn't once thought about what I said or did. So why did I care about grabbing Justin's jacket?

When the skii lift glided to the ground, and I skiied off, I put my finger on what was bothering me; I cared what Justin thought of me.

I care about if he thought I was moving too fast. I care about if I screwed up this little thing we had going on, no matter how temporary it may be. It definitely took alot to make me care about what someone thought since the beginning of my journey. It was as if, when I started, I realized I really didn't have anything to lose.

Justin nudged me, bringing me out of my thoughts. He had a smile on his face as he pulled his skii goggles over his eyes, "Race you to the bottom?"

I grinned at the word of a challenge. I pulled on my own goggles and said, "It's on." Completely forgetting the perplex my mind had been in a second ago.

We took off down the hill at the same time. I was surprised that Justin was keeping up with me, because snowboarders normally go down much slower than skiiers. Justin, however, was doing the falling leaf technique that most snowboarders did when going downhill, but his snowboard was pointed forward, and he was making this an even race.

I grinned and used my poles to push me faster. A smiliar grin was plastered on his face, and his eyes were narrowed as we continued down the hill. He started to gain on me, going faster than before.

Then he hit a patch of ice, slowed down significantly and hit a tree.

I immediately stopped, and fell to the ground in laughter.

I knew that I should be checking to see if he was okay, but the ice had slowed him down significantly so, the impact of the tree coudn't have been that bad. He was fine, but the whole scene was funny as hell. It was straight out of a cartoon, the way he bounced back into the snow, and the surprised look on his face. Thinking about it only made me laugh harder.