One day though, he walked in seemingly calm but I knew better. My wolf whined at the anger she sensed. The beating came harder and more brutal than before but it didn't stop there like it usually did. He ripped off the thin satin nightgown I had been shoved into and sneered at the shock on my face. I growled and snapped at him for all it was worth but he seemed to enjoy it more as he groped me. "He deserves it." He muttered against the side of my face, his breath sending a shiver of disgust down my spine. He? Who was he talking about? "My mate for his sister. I would have taken her instead but he keeps her well guarded."

Sister? He was talking about Kaveh. A chill settled over me as I realized that the 'her' in this statement was Jenna. Kaveh had taken this man's mate? Shock coursed through me as I realized who this man was. Sloan. His mate tried to kill Jenna but failed when Kaveh came to her rescue. He had ripped his mate's head off in his anger.

Sloan grabbed my face and turned it towards him before covering my mouth with his. Anger and disgust coursed through me as I growled trying to turn my head away. My wolf howled at the insult and violation. My head and heart pounded with fear as I heard a zipper. I interlocked my feet and tried to hold them firm as he grabbed my legs to force them apart. I snarled at him and he slapped me hard across my face. My cheek stung as I tried to keep my feet interlocked but the fight was quickly draining my energy. He overpowered me and forced my legs apart. I shut my eyes tight as he forced himself inside me and I screamed in agony.

Once he had finished, he rolled off me. I kept my eyes shut and cringed when I felt his breath on my ear. "You're a good fuck." He whispered in my ear and my stomach clenched. "Perhaps we'll make this a thing." He snickered leaving me lying broken on the bed. The tears I had held in so bravely those past days leaked silently down my face. I heard his footsteps move away and the slam of the door. I had to get out of there.

It wasn't easy. The one simple meal did not help restore very much strength. My wolf was weak and she needed more food. The chains felt heavier now with my dwindling strength. I used whatever little that was restored to me when I was fed and had rested, to yank at the chains. With my energy quickly leaving my body, it was near impossible. Then after three weeks of yanking and yanking, I felt it loosen. This sparked my hope.

He kept his word and made it a thing. Every day he left me beaten, bruised, bloody and thoroughly raped. I felt broken and impure and disgusted with myself. I had been pure and untouched and now I was less than filth. He took me when he wanted and I was too weak to put up a fight but what shamed me the most was sometimes I didn't bother resisting. I saved my strength for the chains. As much as I wanted to fight him, I had to pick my battles. When life was kind I would blackout, waking up alone and gasping.

Finally, by the end of two months, I had broken free. I expected to be caught but no one foresaw my escape. I found my way up a flight of steps, my wolf helping me sense the outside by the smell but the door at the top had no knob. My werewolf eyes scanned the dark for something to open the door with when they fell on a lever. Hesitantly I pulled it and the door slid up. I stepped out and looked around. Shock tore through me as I realized I was in No Man's Land. I looked behind me and realized that I had emerged out of what looked to be a tree. All this time I had been hidden underground. So close to home.

I shifted and ran. My wolf was weak but she was a fighter. I could already hear the thundering of paws behind me. If I could just reach the borders of my pack I'd be saved but it was hours away. My brother would be looking for me. It had been two months so I could only hope he didn't believe me to be dead. I was too afraid to be elated about my freedom. I never showed it to him but he must have seen it in my eyes. The constant fear.

Needless to say, my freedom hadn't lasted long. I didn't make it two hours before he caught up with me.I fought him but I lost. I had no strength. I hated to admit it but the run had taken up a large chunk of my energy. He dragged me back but this time he suspended me from the ceiling. The silver chains burnt my wrists and soaked up my energy like a sponge. I couldn't contact my wolf. Hell, I could barely feel her. I was still fed once a day and taken to the bathroom when I needed it but the fight inside me had died along with my hope. The only thing I had left was my pride. I still put on a brave face and mocked him but my soul felt shrivelled.

Things only got worse. I was now free for use to any unmated male that wished to have me. I was beaten and raped and used as an outlet for frustration. I was left alone at night. I couldn't heal because of the silver and sleep came in snatches. I cried and cried when I was alone only to feel my tears dry before he came back.

I blacked out often when I was being raped and most times when I came to, I was still being used. I would open my eyes to the ugly face of a grunting man. This was one of the few lucky times I woke up to an empty dungeon.

The pain in my body was almost impossible to bear. But like Kaveh often said, "when life gets too difficult to live, we do the impossible and push through it because sometimes, we don't have a damn choice."

Still... if death came now, I would go willingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------