Chapter 6

Ethan's POV

I was going to beat the shit out of Grayson. Once I found him.

He had slept with her last night!

They were together?!

Yeah right.

I slammed the classroom door behind me and stomped down the corridors, in search for him. I asked a few people on the way, ignoring the blushing faces of girls.

"Thanks," I thanked a blond girl who had told me where he had gone, and she turned around and squealed with her friends. I was taking in short, sharp breaths, my jaw clenched.

As I turned the corner and entered the boy's toilets, I saw Grayson washing his hands, the movement making his dangly earring sway from side to side.

Before I started, I checked to see if all the stalls were empty; they were. I backed Grayson up against a wall vigorously, exhaling heavily through my nose.

"Hey, dude," his eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. He pushed me away, widening his eyes a bit in surprise.

"You slept with Cassidy last night," I blurted and his jaw tightened.

"I fell asleep when we were talking, okay? Nothing happened," he rolled his eyes, starting for the door. I blocked it, pushing him back into the room. "Hey," he protested, "Stop making this a bigger deal than it should be!"

"She also told me you guys were together," I added, walking towards him, my teeth clenched together when I spoke.

Grayson looked startled. His mouth was opened slightly, and all that I could hear for a few seconds was the two of us breathing sharply.

"W-well," he started.

"So you aren't together?" I folded my arms across my chest tightly, raising my eyebrow.

"No, we are," he finally replied, combing his fingers through his hair somewhat nervously. "Please let me leave now." He barged out the door before I could do anything, and I just stood in the toilets for a few minutes, leaning against the sink, my eyes shut tight.

Cassidy's POV

Why had I blurted that out? Now Ethan was going to fight with Grayson.

I think.

Wait. Why would Ethan go and try to find Grayson and 'supposedly' beat him up if he already had a girlfriend?

I needed to go outside to get some fresh air and sort things out. But I didn't have enough time.

Grayson suddenly barged in through the door and surprised a few students. He rushed through the desks in the room towards me.

My heart was pounding in my ribcage, and as he came close enough I thought he might've heard it. His jaw was clenched and I have to say, he looked hot.

"You told Ethan we were together?" he practically hissed at me. I gulped.

"Well, it just slipped out of my mouth?" I tried to keep my shaking hands steady by setting them flat on the table.

"You told him we were together, straight after you had turned me down?" he raised his voice and now a few people had turned their attention to us.

"People are looking-"

"I don't care!" he spit, "I want to know if we are actually together!" I took a deep breath, closing my eyes.

"No. We're not."

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. As he stood up, he dragged the chair he was sitting on back, the loud noise echoing throughout the room.