Broken - Chapter 2

" I used to rule the world

  Seas would rise when I gave the word

  Now in the morning I sleep alone

  Sweep the streets I used to own.. "

I woke up to the tunes of Viva La Vida by Coldplay, signalling that someone is calling me.

I groaned and answered the call, not bothering to look at the callers ID.

" Hello? " I said groggily, a bit annoyed.

" Emma? Emma is that you? " the person asked.

" Wh - who are you?! " I sat up on my bed, fully alerted and rub away the sleep from my eyes.

" Lol, Emma. It's me, Louis. The guy you met yesterday? " he tried, helping me to help remember him.

I scrunched my eyebrows trying to recall what happened yesterday. My eyes lit up as I thought of all the fun we had yesterday. In the river, the running.. " Oh, oh right, Louis. Sorry, what's up? " I asked him, feeling relived now.

" What do you mean ' what's up ' ? Where are you? "

" I'm at home? " I stated, a little confused. Why does he want to know where I was?

" We're supposed to hang out today? Or did you decided to ditch? " sadness filled his voice.

It took a moment for me to remember the plans I had with Louis today. I can't believe I've forgotten it. Screw my memory.

" Fudgecakes! I'm so sorry I'll be right there in 10. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Louis! I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry, " I hung up after that, not giving any time for Louis to say anything else.

I quickly got up from my cozy bed and fast-walked to the bathroom. I striped from my pyjamas and took a quick shower before brushing my teeth. I then put on my jeans shorts and a plain tank top as we were just gonna hang out in the park. I put all my needs into a small purse and put on my DC dark pink sneakers before running to the park.

I saw Louis sitting on a bench beside a big tree with pink-ish leaves whilst tapping away on his iPhone.

" Hey! Sorry I'm late, " I apologized again, sitting next to Louis. He looked up and smiled at me.

" It's ok. A princess needs her beauty sleep. Especially Sleeping Beauty. Wonder who kissed you awake though? " he joked, which earned him a punch on the arm from me.

Truth be told, I would say it was Coldplay who woke me up but I didn't want him to think I'm a weirdo or anything so I just went along with, " Oh shut up you peasant! ".

" Hey! I was just joking. No need for violence.  " he held his hands up to surrender.

" Whatever. I'm not a princess. " I crossed my arms and faced the other direction.

" Yeah cause you're sleeping beauty duh " he teased.

" Sleeping beauty IS a princess idiot. " I scoffed at his stupidity.

" Whatever . Have you eaten yet?  " he asked, changing the subject.

" No, why? "

" Good, cause I brought food. We're having a picnic! " Louis shouted , throwing his arms in the air with excitement.

" Great! Where's the food then? " I asked him, starting to get hungry.

" It's in my car. Be right back! ". He stood up and placed his phone on the bench beside and jogged off to his car.

Just then, my phone rang, signalling I've received a text. I opened it and it's from... Drake..

Emma please stop ignoring my text and calls! Please! I'm sorry! I didn't know what I was doing and I was drunk! I didn't mean to do that stuff with her! Plus she came at me! Please Emma, I promise I won't do that again. Please reply. I still love you, Emma. -  Drake xx

Well, that's a lot of pleases. I don't understand. If he really loves me, then why'd he do it? Drunk is obviously not an excuse to me. Plus, after he broke it off between us, he started going out with that girl. How does he still love me when he did that? I don't know what I've did to make him do this to me. I swear I have never ever cheated to any of my boyfriends!

Why can't he just leave me alone? I'm so much better without him. I've eaten more now, I'm not so insecure anymore. It just... It's just changed me to the better.

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't even notice Louis in front of me.

" Hey, you alright? You look so.. disturbed, " Louis asked, concern and worry in his voice.

" Yeah I'm alright! I'm fine! Don't worry! " I chuckled nervously, then smiling wide at him.

Louis set the picnic basket on the ground and sat next to me. " You sure? It doesn't seem like it though.. What's wrong? " he asked, looking straight into my eyes with concern.

" Pffffffft! Nothing's wrong! Please don't worry about me. Let's eat! " I say with excitement before getting up from my seat and started unpacking the delicious meal in the basket.

I heard Louis sighed and got up too without answering me. I guess he decided to drop the subject. Thank God. He walked towards me and helped me unpack.

We were in the park for hours. Just talking about ourselves, what we've been through but of course I didn't tell him about Drake and all that stuff. Even though I'm enjoying myself with Louis, I just can't get Drake's text out of my head. The whole time I'm just wandering why'd he want me back so desperately and what does he want. I know he doesn't want me. Well, that's what I think. Not sure about the truth. But if I'm wrong, should I trust him again? Should I forgive him? I don't know. I guess I seriously need Gods' help, or maybe I should talk to him. Yeah, I should.

I should just stop thinking about Drake. Might as well enjoy myself with Louis while it lasts.

Louis stood up, dusting his jeans. " Come on, I wanna show you something. "

" Where are we going? " I asked him, not bothering to stand up.

" You'll know when we get there. Now get up lazy bum " Louis held out his hand to help me get up. I took it.

" Argh fine. It better be good, tommo. Or else, " I warned him.

" Don't be such a fuss. Let's run ok? 1, 2, 3 GOO!!! " he sped off, leaving me behind.

" Hey! Wait for me! I can't run that fast! " Louis didn't answer he just kept running. Poor me, I'm a turtle.

After 5 minutes of running, which feels like I've been running for eternity, we reached our destination. And it's really beautiful. Probably one of the reasons why I love it when it's Autumn.

Colourful leaves are everywhere. The thing that attracted me the most was the lake in front of us. It is so beautiful. The water is so clear, you can see fishes swimming under the water. There's a few swans too.

Far way to the right, there's a really long bridge to let us cross to the other side. But I probably wouldn't go there as it seems really scary deep in the forest.

I guess I got too carried away by the beautiful scenary in front of me that I didn't notice Louis wasn't by my side anymore. I turned around but Louis wasn't behind me either. I started to panic as I kept calling out for Louis.

" Louis?! Louis where are you?! Louweeeeeeeee! " I called out but then again, there's no answer. I quickly took out my cell phone to call my mum but I remembered she's in Sweden with my dad and I'm all the way in Doncaster. I then dialled 911 when I heard some rustling behind me.

Before I could turn around to see who was it, the voice said, " We meet again, Emma. "

Hey guys! So here you go, Chapter 2. I hope you enjoyed it and if you did, please vote. It'll mean a lot. Thanks for reading guys!

~ BrookH