Chapter 1

A/N: Hi! This is Book 2 in my Descendants series if you haven't read Book 1 yet I recommend you read that first (It's under construction so chapters 3-11 might not make any sense). Anyways this story is based on the Disney Channel Movie: Descendants. I used most of the characters from the movie but I also created my own. A warning to my readers my version of Descendants is not going to be like the movie and will be a little darker than Book 1 but nothing above PG-13. I hope you enjoy!

All rights reserved

©Descendants:Book 22015, Belle

*Not Edited*

Mal

"What...what am I doing here?" I mumble to myself. I struggle to open my eyes; the sun was beating down on my face. Sweat trickled from my forehead down to my nose. I was lying on hot concrete in my nightgown, which surprisingly stayed pure white despite how dirty the ground felt. I sat up just to get the sun out of my eyes. Where was I? The buildings around me were crumbling, the sky was dirty and a light brown fog covered everything like a blanket. I blinked; around me people appeared and started to move in a disorderly fashion. Was I?

"Am I back on the island?" I said to myself. I was standing in the middle of the city part of the island. I could see my old house; the beach where I first traveled to Enchanted Academy and behind me was the woods. It seemed odd to be back considering I fell asleep in my room at Ben's castle. I was banished from the island about three months ago when I helped Ben son of Belle and Beast, Riley daughter of Queen Rapunzel and King Eugene Fitzherburt, and Azizi son of King Aladdin and Queen Jasmine escape the island. I was only one of two people banished that night, Carlos son of Cruella de Vil also aided in the escape and was never welcomed back. Then there was me: Malevolence true daughter of the Blue Fairy raised by the Queen of Evil herself Maleficent. My journey back to my real lineage wasn't an easy one, but I couldn't think about that now. I had to find someone knew and could trust.

I saw Kylie daughter of the villainous Chernabog walking in front of me with a black scarf covering her head. Her normally long strawberry blonde hair was tied up so it wasn't visible from underneath the scarf. Her back was arched and her head was bent down like she didn't want to be disturbed. Her hands were tightly clutching a small brown package that was tied together with a black ribbon.

"Kylie!" I said running towards her. Kylie ignored me and kept walking. I jogged up to her,

"Kylie." I said again as I tried to put my hand on her shoulder.

"What?" I said to myself. My fingers slipped through Kylie's shoulder and went into her lower back. What was this? Am I ghost? I tried to touch a nearby light post but instead of feeling the normal worn out black iron. My hand went straight through the center of the lamppost. I pulled my hand back in surprise. I turned my head back over to Kylie who slipped out of the town center and out of my sight. Where was she going?

"Follow her." A voice echoed in my head. I ran after Kylie who was heading into the woods. The woods? But the only thing worth mentioning in the woods was The Evil Queen's Castle. I sprinted towards Kylie walking when I caught up her. Kylie kept looking over her shoulder like she was it scared someone was following her. Kylie and I walked up to the Evil Queen's front gate. Unlike the rest of the villain kids who lived in the city part, Evie lived in a giant castle on the edge of the island.