Chapter 42 - MiQuinnla

Start from the beginning

A knock at my door breaks me out of my trance. I make my way over to it and open it finding all of my friends on the other side.

"Hey, guys! Come in," I say. They all say their hellos and enter the room after taking off their shoes and coats.

"Hey, nice place you've got," Joe jokes as he pretends to scan the room.

"Shut up, Joe," I chuckle and nudge him with my elbow.

"Oh hey, guys," Q greets emerging from the kitchen with a bowl of chips in his hand. A series of different greeting is heard from the small group as they all make their way towards Q who is now placing the bowl on the table.

"So when does the show start?" Maggie asks.

"About five minutes," I respond looking at my watch.

"Are you guys as excited as she is," Sal asks while pointing his thumb at Maggie.

"I don't know about Michaela, but I'm pretty damn excited," Q smiles and takes a seat on the couch with everyone following his actions.

"I don't know," I say and sit next to Q as he puts his arm around my shoulder. "I'm a little nervous. I always found it kind of weird seeing myself on TV and now seeing myself 'express my love' to someone will just be really strange."

"Yeah but that happens to everyone. I still find it weird seeing myself on TV," Sal speaks up.

"Yeah but you don't have to do the whole 'express your love' thing," I respond.

"Yeah, I know," he smiles mischievously. "I feel sorry for you guys," he chuckles.

"Shut up, Sal. We're gonna get you back for that," I say.

"Yeah right. How are you gonna do that?" he asks smugly.

"I'll figure something out," I smirk.

"Guys, it's about to start," Murr says looking at his watch. I grab the remote and turn on the TV changing it to the appropriate channel. The episode begins and I put the remote down and cuddle into Q.

We laugh throughout the entire episode and reminisce about the filming of those scenes. Soon, the time finally comes for Q's punishment.

"Oh no," I say burying my face into Q's side. Joe shushes me and grabs the remote turning the volume up. I look at him with a glare and he returns a grin. Dammit, Joe.

The polygraph exam begins and I watch the screen remembering the events from one month ago. I loathe for the final scene to come on but of course.

"Are you in love with your best friend, Michaela?"

"What?"

"Do you love your best friend, Michaela?"

I look around the room seeing everyone staring intently at the screen. I smile and look at the screen knowing I can't take my eyes off it myself. The screen keeps flipping back and forth between mine and Q's reaction to the question before it flips to commercial. Everyone in the room awws before we slump down in our seats waiting for the commercials to finish. Suddenly, my phone begins to buzz. I pick it up off the table and find a bunch of Twitter notifications. I look over at Q and see he has the same thing. I open Twitter and find that I have a bunch of people tweeting Q and I about the episode.

@thewildermichaela @BQQuinn IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING? WHY DID THEY GO TO COMMERCIAL?

@BQQuinn @thewildermichaela PLEASE SAY YES!

I smile as I read through some of the notifications. I look over at Q and he smiles at me and plants a kiss on my forehead. He is about to speak up but the show starts again. They begin the small recap before it resumes. They keep showing both of our reactions; me looking around in shock and Q rubbing his face and looking around trying to figure out what to say before deciding on the right answer and hesitantly leaning into the microphone.

"Yes."

I can hear Maggie squeal as she watches the scene unfold. I chuckle at the reaction before focusing my attention to the screen where I am now walking on the stage where Q is.

"I love you too."

Maggie squeals again as Q rips off the cords off of him and kisses me. I can hear the cheers from the crowd as the boys walk onstage and we finally pull away.

"So Brian, last question; Does it suck to be a loser?"

"Not one bit."

And with that, the episode ends.

"Well that was better than I thought it would be," I smile.

"ARE YOU KIDDING? THAT WAS ADORABLE!" Maggie yells.

"Ow, we're right here!" Sal says covering his ear.

"Sorry, hon," she apologizes and kisses his cheek.

We discuss the episode for a while before they all have to leave.

"Bye, everyone," Q and I both say as we shut the door behind them. We walk back over to the couch and sit down.

"That went well," Q says.

"It really did," I smile.

"Look, I have to show you something," he says pulling out his phone. He opens up the Twitter app and hands the phone to me. "Check the trending hashtags," he says. I do ass told and look through them before finding the one he was talking about. #MiQuinnla is now trending through Twitter and I cannot believe my eyes. I click it and find a bunch of Tweets about people freaking out over the episode.

"I told you there was nothing to worry about," he says. I look back at him with the largest smile on my face.

"Thank you, Q." He leans down and plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"So, shall we make it official?" he asks. I smile and nod.

"Picture or no picture?" I ask.

"Let's go with a picture," he says and puts the phone in front of our faces. He smiles to the camera as I give him a kiss on the cheek and he snaps the photo.

I look at the picture with a grin and he posts it to Twitter with the simple caption "Glad you guys finally know."

A/N Hey, guys! Sorry for not updating in a while. I rewrote this chapter about four times because I had really bad writer's block and I couldn't figure out what to write. So my exams are done and I am finally on Christmas break so I will hopefully get another chapter in. Also, for anyone who watches The Big Bang Theory, did I see right or did that actually happen last week? I would also like to give a little shout out to Mlpjokershobbit. She made a really cool Christmas Brian Quinn story and even included Michaela in it. It's a cool story and you should go check it out. Anyway, thanks for reading!

Seeya pals