Chapter 19: Welcoming New Additions

Start from the beginning

I stopped smiling and looked around.

Awkward!

"Mr Renner left a note for you in the bedroom. We are just finishing up here and will be out in a couple of minutes. If you give Rena your schedule she will make sure she doesn't come to clean while you're here." Jean smiled at me. For an older woman she was defiantly demanding and somewhat intimidating - strange since I was rarely intimidated by anyone.

"Oh no that's fine. I don't mind at all. I'll get out of your way."

I turned around and picked up one of my boxes whilst kicking another one down the hall until I found the bedroom. I opened up the double folding door and dumped my boxes down by the now opened door.

The bedroom was a little different to the rest of the apartment. Where the kitchen, lounge room and main living areas were mostly a mix of light browns, creams and whites, the bedroom was focused around darker colours. The bed laid just opposite the door with a black quilt cover and a dark timbered head board that ran all the way up to the roof and traveled over part of celling giving the entire ensemble a c shape. The back wall was a beautiful mocha while the rest of the room began to fade into the lighter browns and creams that carried through the rest of the apartment.

A small cushioned couch laid at the foot of the bed with a TV in the corner of the room and numerous doors leading to the generic bathroom, wardrobe and another balcony.

I kicked my box full of clothes over to door that led to the wardrobe - already partly filled with clothes more 'appropriate' and dumbed the other box on the bed.

I looked down seeing the note that Jean was talking about. I rolled my eyes and momentarily thought about burning it without even looking at it.

What ever happened to an Anthony free weekend?

He said no visits, calls or texts. He never said anything about hand written notes.

I mental cursed at his way around words.

I decided to throw the letter aside for now and unpack everything, getting comfortable before I dealt with any of Anthony's drama.

Opening up my box I pulled out all of my candles, the mix of random colours were sure to set a different mood over the place. I started setting them around the house, two on the table in the hall, another small grouping in the lounge room on the coffee table and some more along the kitchen in various places.

Next were my paintings. I didn't exactly have any hooks or hammers so I just started taking down the paintings Anthony already had and putting my ones up in stead.

Pushing the other paintings in the wardrobe for safekeeping I looked at the endless supply of clothes. The new clothes he had bought me were all perfectly placed with their tags still hanging at their sides.

I turned around and saw Anthony's clothes, most of them consisting of the grey suits that I had discriminated against only yesterday and the new collection of black suits that looked brand new judging by their tags and the fact that they were still in the clear bags they are sold in.

Nice to see he is taking it seriously.

Walking out of the wardrobe I picked up the note and decided to get this over an done with.

Sky,

Please do not unpack - and yes I even wrote please. I want to approve of anything you bring in before you start throwing away my belongings to replace it with your junk.