Chapter Six

Lora Pevensii's POV
Lawe Saldini's Penthouse, New York City
11:30 PM

He opened his penthouse and moved aside. He raised his arms motioning for me to go in. I glared at him before going in. Red painted walls, dark maple wooden tables and black and white furnitures. Everything spokes of his wealth. I grimaced.

"Do you like it?"

"I abhor it like the owner" I countered. I look for something I could use against him incase he would do something bad to me. Luckily, I saw a sharp object near where I am standing.

"Don't count on it. My body is bigger than you and I knew martial arts too. Just relax and don't be stiff. I won't do anything bad to you. I just want to talk to you about an important matter. But before that let me get us something to drink and something to munch. He went to his kitchen. I decided to sat in his sofa.

Blast the man. I'll make him pay one of this days. I was cut out from my reverie when I saw him approaching from the kitchen. I frowned.

He smiled. "You always frown Lora, mia. You'll get older easily" He offered me tea and a biscuit while sitting in the sofa in front of me.

I frowned again. He laughed.

"How do you know that I like tea instead of coffee?" I never liked coffee because its addictive and it makes me awake at night. I prefer tea instead because it can calm my nerves.

"Just a hunch Lora mia. I guess most women like tea. It's good for their skin" he explained shortly.

I shrugged. "So what is this important matter that we should talk about that you need to resort to adult-napping me?!"

He laughed. I'm glad this man finds me amusing! He's dead!

"Adult-napping?" He grinned.

"Yes! Are we gonna talk about it now or you'll just laugh at me?!" I took a drink on my tea. I badly needed it now to calm my nerves now. I am nearly tempted to strangling this good-for-nothing man in front of me.

"I told you to relax Lora mia. I want to discuss with about what my grandmother and your parents plans to do to the two of us"

Aahhhh. So he wanted to talk about our soon to be engagement. So he knew it too.

"Are you talking about our engagement next week?" I said calmly.

He shook his head. "No! Huwaaaaaaaaaat?! What engagement are you talking about?! Next week?!" He stated incredelously.

Uh-oh. So he doesn't knew it yet.

He get near me and holds my shoulder. "Tell me! What engagement are you talking about?!" He started to shook my shoulder when I never answered him. "Tell me!"

His fragrance assaulted my senses. Shit!

I pushed him away from me. Shock registered on his face.

I run out of his penthouse like the devil is after me.

...........

a/n:

Vote, comments and follow me guys.

:)

Sonnalyn ♡