Time Skip Brought To You By Willy Wonka's Great Glass Elevator

Charlie and I were standing in front of the gates of the chocolate factory. I began to observe the other contest winners, there was the Salt's. The little girl had her nose pointed in the air, and she was glaring at everyone here. There was her dad, who had to put on a facade of confidence but he secretly was worn down, beat, and exhausted by his daughter.

I sent him a comforting smile and a nod of the head, he nodded back but I saw relief flood his eyes. I then saw the Gloops, the fat little boy was inhaling a Wonka bar. The mother was looking around worriedly, I felt bad for her. 

I then saw the Beauregard's, they had matching track suits and coats on. The mother was currently glaring at the Salt's, the daughter was gnawing on a piece chewing gum. I could hear it squeaking and squawking from over here. 

I then looked at the Teavee's, the boy was just staring at the gates. The father looked like he didn't want to be here at all.

"Daddy, what time is it?" the girl snobbishly asked, the father sighed.

"I-It's 9:59 darling." he said soothingly, which failed.

"Make time go faster." she exclaimed.

I sighed and put my and on Charlie's back, he looked up at me and smiled. I grinned right back at him, and he wrapped his arms around my torso. He was already 5"0 and I'm 5"4 so he was eye level with my chin. WHY AM I SO SHORT?!

"Please enter." a melodic voice spoke from speakers. The gates opened and all the kids surged forward, but Charlie and I just walked normally towards the looming factory. 

"Close the gates." the voice said again, and the gates gradually closed. 

The doors opened and a curtain began to slide open.

"Who am I? You may ask, well I'm..." the voice was cut off by cheerful music beginning to play. Puppets appeared from the curtain and began to sing.

'Willy Wonka,

Willy Wonka,

The amazing chocolatier.

Willy Wonka,

Willy Wonka,

Everybody give a cheer!

He's modest, clever, and so smart,

He barely can restrain it.

With so much generosity,

There is no way to contain it!

To contain it!

To contain, to contain, to contain!

Willy Wonka,

Willy Wonka,

He's the one that you're about to meet.

Willy Wonka,

Willy Wonka,

He's a genius who just can't be beat.

The magician and the chocolate wiz,

The best darn guy who ever lived,

Willy Wonka, here he is! Hahaha'

I was giggling the whole time, and Charlie had an amused look on his face. The fireworks, went off and caught a few puppets on fire, and they began to melt. But there was an empty chair in the middle, I'm guessing Mr. Wonka was supposed to sit there. 

 I then heard clapping from my right, I turned and saw a man with big purple glasses, and a fur black trench coat was clapping and giggling.

"That was wonderful, I was a little dodgy about the middle part. But the finale.. Wow!" he exclaimed, I knew who he was immediately.

"Who are you?" the girl with blonde hair said haughtily. I glared at her,

"He's Willy Wonka!" I said, my bell-like voice rang through the silent air. Mr. Wonka's head snapped towards me, a breath-taking grin spread across his face. I had to hold onto Charlie's shoulder for support because my knees were jelly.

"Good morning Starshine! The Earth says Hello!" he said, and I giggled. Everyone else looked really creeped out. Mr. Wonka pulled some cue cards from his jacket,

"Greetings, welcome to my factory. I shake your hands warmly." he said and stuck out his hand. I walked forward and shook his hand.

As soon as our skin made contact, I felt a warm sensation spread through my body. Even though he was wearing gloves.

I went back to my spot and my cheeks now tinted pink. His were dusted pink as well.

"Come one people! So many places to see! So little time!" he cried as he walked inside the building. We followed him, past the melting puppets. I kept rubbing my hand, it's strange that it's still tingly.

Then the doors slammed shut and we continued forward.