Chapter One

------ Florence's P.O.V. ------

I still remember the first time that we went drinking. A giant with hair of flames standing next to a small girl the size of a twelve year old walk into a bar. It sounds like a bad joke and we're the punch line. But that night was the night that I knew I met my best friend. The one I could tell anything to. But here I am, to scared to whisper the next couple of words out of my mouth, even as you stand in front of me, with those ever changing eyes.

"Florence, you ready? We can go out. Im leaving tomorrow. And I want to go out. Get a bit smashed." She said, her eyes changing from a deep gray to a forest green. I sighed happily but I knew I couldnt stay here long.

"Im sorry, Isa. I need to stay in tonight."

As I spoke those words, I could see you were worried. Your expression changed from happy to worried in only seconds.

"Flo? You okay?" Isa spoke softly, she reached for my hand. I pulled away but she held my pale hands close.

"Y-Your trembling, Florence." Isabella murmured. I got out of her grasp and she sighed.

"You can tell me anything. You do know that....Right?"

I nodded my head at her words, the truth scratching and itching it way in my throat, wanting to spill out. I gulped and held the words back but they kept coming back. I needed to get out of there and fast.

"Isa. Im sorry. I'll see you at the airport tommorow. Be safe. I just need to get home." I spoke softly, standing and almost rushing out the door.

"Florence!" Isa yelled. I could hear her footsteps behind me, but Isa couldnt run on those high heels. But I kept going. My lungs heaved and burned, but I could breathe later. I needed to see her. I needed to make sure she was safe.

Soon the footsteps stopped and I turned back towards Isa, worried she fell. No she hadnt fallen. She was running to her car.

I sighed and turned, seeing the small house tucked into an alley way. I could see scarves and different decorations in her room and mine. It was quaint, the perfect place for us.

Rushing inside, I shuddered and slammed the door shut. My throat burned, my chest heaved up and down as I tried to gulp down few precarious breaths of air.

Tears fell streaked down my face, I clinched my eyes shut and held them tight. Blocking out the world, I blocked out the sounds, I blocked out my thoughts. I broke down. I slid down the oak door, my head in my hands ad I sobbed.

How could I tell her? She would hate me. She didnt need me. This would just hurt her work. She would want to come see her and me, we'd just interfere.

"Flossie?"

I knew by the sound of his voice, he was worried. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight, never letting me go. I sighed and collapsed into him, my cries of anger and worry spilling out and onto the floor for all to see.

"Its just me. Its just, Rob." He spoke, whispering softly into my ear. His voice tickling me but I didnt smile.

"H-How is she?" I begged, but I could feel Rob smile. His lips gently kissed the top of my head and he sighed.

"She's perfect. Her fever is long gone and she's sleeping like the little angel she is."

I bit my lip and softly shuddered out of relief.

"Did you tell her?" Rob asked, and I sighed another wave of shame and defeat washed over me.

"N-No." I whimpered out like a child, who disappointed there parents.

I heard Rob laugh a bit, he was facing the window. I looked out and saw the setting sun. I heard the familiar slam of a car door and I saw Isa storm out of her red car.

"You are now." Rob spoke, grabbing me as I tried to run. He stood up with me, and held me in front of him. I struggled a bit but he held me, facing the door. Without so much as a knock Isa stood in front of me.

"What was that?!" Isa said. I could hear the bitterness and anger on her voice. I sighed, more tears falling.

"Isa. Im sorry. Im so sorry I didnt tell you.." I sobbed again and kept breaking slowly down.

"What didnt you tell me?! Florence...Im worried. Are you hurt? Dying?" She replied, she stepped back and looked up at me. Those eyes were bright blue and icy. Filled with tears, like waves of an ocean. Just like the skyline. How big, How Blue, How Beautiful.

"Im not dying...W-When we broke up, I didnt think I could get over you...James and me met up. We..." I sighed and bit my lip, to scared to look into her eyes.

"We got drunk, the next morning I woke up with him beside me in bed. Soon we were fighting like we used to. He left and I was back on my normal life. That's when I started to get sick, and I was l-late..." My voice wavered and I cried even more.

"Flo..What are you trying to say?" Isa said, her hands holding mine.

"Im saying that..T-That while you were gone...I had a baby, Isa..."