Chapter 7: Orik

Sneaking out of the palace was easier than expected,because everyone was preoccupied with preparations for the festival. We made our way out at a moderate pace,in my left hand i held the large basket,and in my right i held on to my sodalis's hand. There was really no reason for us to be sneaking around, but it was still incredibly fun to do it if only for that very sake.

Upon successful escape we congratulated ourselves and then made our way into the surrounding woods, where I took the lead. I led us deep into the trees,before stopping to place the basket handle up on a mossy boulder. I then began to strip my pants and underwear off seemingly heedless of Maxie-May's presence. I could see her out of the corner of my eye though, as she followed my lead, shimmying out of her clothes and exposing more and more tantalizing flesh to the midday air. I did my best to ignore her nudity, as it was causing my whole entire body to heat up in response again. I could feel her eyes on my bare back though , and the feeling it gave me made that task all the more harder.

I busied myself by gathering up our discarded clothes,careful not to look up at her as I did so, and shoved them haphazardly into the basket. A warm breeze blew around us lifting the hair off our necks briefly before dissipating into the ether, The trees sighed softly with the wind, the leaves of their branches bending obligingly in the appropriate direction. I heard the crunching of bones and I glanced over to watch as Maxie-May gracefully made the change from woman to wolf.

Chocolate brown fur rippled across her body in thick waves as her legs lengthened and her knees reversed direction. She fell forward onto paws that although presently were larger than my upper body,still seemed to be dainty and small. The change was complete less than a minute after it had began, ending with the lengthening of her spine into a tail. She towered over me for once,now fully twenty feet tall,she stretched luxuriously and gave me a bark of impatience. Then I realized that I had just been watching her like an idiot instead of joining her. So ,I made the change as well stepping from one skin to the next,at least that's how it always felt to me. Unlike Maxie-May I couldn't make transforming look artistic, it just of happened all at once for me. Black fur grew all over my body at once, my knees reversed direction, my muzzle pushed out from my face,and my chest expanded. One second I was standing on two legs,and the next I was a twenty-seven foot tall shaggy black wolf.

This was the first time we had seen each other in our wolf forms and we wasted no time in inspecting each other. I stood still as she sniffed me interestedly, pacing up and down the length of my body. I watched her silently,tracking each graceful movement. After a while Maxie-May turned to look at me,and finding me watching her, she gave her magnificent head a shake ,ruffling the neck fur. Her tail,twitched and I saw a mischievous glimmer in her eyes as she lowered her head and knocked it hard against my flank. The blow wasn't enough to stagger me,but nevertheless her playful intent wasn't missed.

She lowered her head to do it again,but this time I stepped nimbly out of her way,so that she stumbled forward,with one paw I pushed her over. She sprawled into the grass,but quickly leapt to her paws with a snarl. She bounded forward, aiming for another charge,but at the last second I leapt over her,displaying agility that my greater size belied. I landed and she immediately turned and launched herself at me,there was time to dodge,but I didn't want to. I allowed myself to be bowled over,with the momentum of her charge. We went down in a tangle of limbs turning over and over, several times we rebounded off of tree trunks and boulders,but the pain was virtually nonexistent.

Life was so much easier as a wolf, responsibilities were left behind when we shifted. Though we retained the same minds with beast form, they were also accompanied by our most primal instincts. So while we were having harmless fun,I could feel the stirrings of lust beginning to surface. The beast in me wanted to possess, to dominate and make her mine, right here and now. To take her hard, rough and wild in this form surrounded by the trees and scent of the forest. A heady scent cut through the wrestling ,like a hot knife through butter. It was dark and alluring, stoking a flame inside of my body that I had been trying to smother for over a month now.