Chapter 13

At almost 4 in the morning Dean wakes up. He turns over and looks at Cas who is asleep. He looks at Cas in silence until he wakes up, enjoying his presence. The first thing Cas does when he opens his eyes is smile at Dean. He presses a quick little kiss to the tip of Dean's nose. Dean smiles at Cas. "When was the last time you had slept" Dean asks. "I dunno, like Monday when I slept with you" Cas says a little sheepishly. "Well you slept a whole five hours" Dean says. "Nice" Cas says, yawning. "See you were exhausted yesterday" Dean says. " So I was wondering, do you want to avoid each other today" Dean asks softly "cus I don't want you to get hurt any more because of me." "Of course not" Cas says in an almost shocked tone, raising a hand and putting it on Dean's cheek. "I'm with you because I want to be with you. What other people think or what they do doesn't change that." "If anything" Cas continues in a calmer tone "I think we should act more like a couple just to fuck with them." Cas kisses Dean softly. "Oh thank god" Dean breathes "your's sounds like a much better plan." "Glad you like it" Cas says before kissing Dean. The kiss starts soft but soon builds steam. Dean feels a warmth grow in his chest and soon his head leaves the pillow. Cas also gets up and soon they're in a sitting position on the bed. Dean is lost in the moment and doesn't quite notice when the door opens. "You guys should really do that when you're alone" he hears Sam say from the door. Cas hesitates for a moment, pulling away a little, but Dean pulls him back to let him know it's okay. "We are alone" Dean says through the kiss. He feels Cas smile against his lips. "Yeah totally" Sam says. Dean gives him a thumbs up. Cas starts laughing and breaks away from Dean. Dean quickly looks over at the door and see Sam rolling his eyes before closing the door. Dean laughs a little and flops back down on the bed. Cas moves so he's sitting up against the wall. "Well you might not go back to sleep but I'm gonna sleep for another hour until we have to get up" Dean says. Cas laughs softly, "so you just woke up for a kiss." "Yep" Dean says with a smirk, curling up next to Cas. Dean drifts off to sleep, Cas playing with his hair. He slips into a dream and when he opens his eyes he's in his old house. His parents kiss him goodnight after saying goodnight to Sammy. He goes to sleep but about an hour later is woken up by fire. He is surrounded and he can hear screams but he's not sure if they're his own or his parents'. The fire takes the shape of demons surrounding him, slowly engulfing him in a dome of heat. He tears at his surroundings but suddenly Cas is shaking him awake. He can feel himself screaming, fire still etched onto his eyelids. He is struggling against the blankets that suffocate him. He realizes in his subconscious that he's okay and he stops struggling but curls up in a ball, the blankets bunched up at his feet, and sobs. Bobby comes bursting into the room with Sam on his heels, stopping to stand in the doorway. Cas is still on the bed and is staring at Dean with a mixed look of fear and sadness on his face. He looks at Bobby and says something. Dean can barely hear anything over the pounding in his ears but he can just make out what Cas says, noting the hear the fear in his voice. "What's happening?" Cas asks Bobby. "He had a nightmare" Bobby says sounding a little sad. "What can I do" Cas asks. "Try comforting him" Bobby says "he should be fine now." Cas shifts on the bed, putting his hand on Dean's shoulder. Dean notices just how much he's shaking. When Dean doesn't retaliate to the touch Cas comes closer, wrapping his arm around Dean. "Hey" Cas says soothingly "it's okay." Dean moves so his arms are around Cas and clings to him, still crying a little. Cas rubs a hand over Dean's back. Bobby sighs and leaves the room, probably shooing Sam away. Dean soon calms down in Cas's arms but is still shaking. "That must've been one hell of a dream" Cas says softly. Dean just nods.