Chapter One

Your P.O.V.

I walked along the busy streets of Los Angeles. I had applied for a new job at a filming studio called BuzzFeedVideo. I was mainly going to be working with a group called "The Try Guys" apparently, but I would sometimes get to work in BuzzFeedViolet. When I got to the BuzzFeed main building, I walked into a huge, fancy lobby. "Um, hi, I'm Y/N. I am supposed to start here with someone named Ned Fulmer?" I asked the receptionist. I was really nervous. "Oh yes, Y/N!" she sounded cheery and bright. "Actually there was a slight change in who you are meeting today. Ned wanted to be your guide, so don't think badly. But we just had someone request to be with you. Oh, there he is right now!" wow. I really did not want to walk into that every day. Hopefully she was faking it, because it will take a lot of time for me to get used to that.

"Eugene, this is Y/N!" the receptionist said, being way to cheery again. I turned around to see the most beautiful man to ever walk the Earth, I swear. He was Asian, Korean from the looks of it. He had black hair combed perfectly into his face. He was about 6'0" at the most. And he was GORGEOUS! And he did look quite familiar. "Hi, Y/N. I like the hat." He commented. I blushed. My outfit had consisted of a black tank top, a red flannel tied around my denim shorts, just below my waist, and my favorite pair of black Vans. I had worn my favorite red and gold Gryffindor beanie that day. I know, it doesn't match, but I wanted to make the impression that I don't care about my fashion.

"Oh, thanks." I smiled, "I actually did the little test thingy and got Gryffindor as my house. Which was awesome for me, Gryffindor is my favorite. I was left out, the rest of my friends got Ravenclaw and Slytherin." Eugene just chuckled. "I got Slytherin too, but Hufflepuff is my favorite only because they're always left out." I giggled. I flipping giggled. Good God, I sounded like a lovesick school girl. "Well, we gotta get upstairs to meet everyone and possibly get you in a video. Bye Marianne!" Eugene waved to the cheerful woman (apparently named Marianne) as we headed toward an elevator. "So, were you scared of getting here late, or were you just too excited to wait to get here. You're pretty early." Eugene said, trying to make small talk. "I had nothing else to do. My mom watches my kittens for me, and she arrived early. So I just decided to head up here." he nodded.

"So, you're a cat person?" he said, looking a slight bit disgusted. I nodded, "why? Do you not like cats?" I asked him. We got into a huge debate about cats and dogs and which one is better, not realizing we had stopped. Then an Asian girl pulled us both out. "Eugene, seriously? Quit arguing with people you randomly find in an elevator." she scolded him. Eugene just rolled his eyes, "Ashly, she's not random. This is Y/N." Ashly looked at Eugene and just shook her head. "No, that's not right. Ned was supposed to show her around." It was my turn to speak up, "um, actually, Ned was going to do it, but...well...I don't know." Ashly smirked. "Eugene likes you." "What!?" we both said at the same time. "Totally. I actually remember when we were looking through the resume you submitted we had to look at your headshots you sent in. When Eugene saw them he practically fainted." Ashly said. I turned to Eugene. "What? You really did look beautiful." I blushed at his remark, mainly embarrassed. "I'm not that pretty." I said. Eugene just put an arm around my waist. "I beg to differ." he said. He showed me to my workspace, then went to film a new Try Guys video, leaving me to mess around and do some research.

Eugene POV

I walked away from her desk, letting her play around with her new computer. I remember her from somewhere. I know I've seen her before. I just can't remember. Our video was different than our usual content. This time we would be hitting ninety mile per hour fastballs. Ok, it wasn't that different, but you know what I mean.

"Eugene, you and Y/N!" I heard Keith call from behind me. Once he caught up, I questioned him, "What do you mean?" (A/N: yes, yes, I know. Justin Beiber's new song. That's not why I put that.) "You so like her!" he screamed. Great, maybe Ashly will hear it and attack me with many different questions. "I do not. It's just, when I saw her picture she looked so familiar. Like I've seen her before. But it wasn't in her job interview or in her resume picture." I thought back to when I even saw people other than in BuzzFeed. I didn't really go out much. BuzzFeed and YouTube just keeps me too busy. Most of the time we finish a video and go out and celebrate. That's about it. I haven't been dating since the last time. This girl I dated hated me because I was a jerk, and I totally regret it. But I don't want to get into that now. "Wait, Keith. I know where I've seen her before."

Your POV
"Ashly, I know where I've seen him before!"

Third Person POV (I know, sorry)

You and Eugene run to your friends. Ashly is dragged by you, but you guys run into Eugene and Keith. "We'll leave you guys alone." Keith says. "I remember you now. I don't know how I could forget you. You left me for whatever was going on with your family, and then you go on and fuck another girl. So before you try the same shit you used to do, forget everything you've ever known about me. What you did made me so upset I almost killed myself. And it was your fault. I loved you, Eugene Lee Yang, and you threw everything we ever had away. So if you apologize, it better be damn good." you say. You would never forget what he did. "Y/N, look. I realized why you think I didn't want to be with you. I do. But just like I said our last night together, I was drunk and she was smart. I'm serious, she found my alcohol tolerance and then used it against me. The only reason I waited a couple of weeks was because she texted me and then I figured it out. I Couldn't remember what happened until she told me. I loved you too."

You look at Eugene in disbelief. "No way. I don't believe you. YOU DESTROYED ME! I WENT MONTHS REMEMBERING YOU. EVERY TIME MY PHONE RANG, I PRAYED IT WAS YOU. EVERY KNOCK AT MY DOOR HAD ME WISHING IT WAS YOU. UGH, DO YOU REALIZE HOW BAD IT GOT ME? MY FRIEND HAD TO STAY WITH ME FOR A WEEK AND I HAD TO BE ON MEDICATION SO I WOULDN'T KILL MYSELF BECAUSE OF YOU. IT WAS LITERALLY YOU PLAYING ME IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL. I DIDN'T GET TO EXPERIENCE MY PROM. I BURNED AND THREW AWAY EVERY PICTURE I HAD OF YOU AT OUR JUNIOR PROM. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST PART FOR ME IS? I REGRET EVERY SINGLE MOMENT I SPENT WITH YOU."

At that moment, everyone in the office was staring at you. Ashly walked up and put an arm around your shoulder and glared at Eugene. "Come on, let's go take a walk. Get away from this jerk." she said as you two walked towards the exit.

Eugene POV

I hated the rest of my day. That girl I mentioned earlier was Y/N. I didn't realize it until I thought about her again. I tried to pry away from her by avoiding dating in general. Anyway, nobody talked to me. Not even Keith, who was my best friend out of everyone. They all just would ignore me or give me dirty looks. When Quinta arrived, I knew trouble would happen later, she'd probably go off on me. But no, she said to me, "I'd go off on you, but even someone like you doesn't deserve my yelling." and that's all anyone said to me that day. When I got home, I laid with Pesto and just rethought everything. I couldn't help it, I cried. I fucking cried. I was silently crying on the couch, petting Pesto, when I heard a knock. Probably random ex-fans of mine coming to terrorize me. I opened the door to see...

Your POV
After my walk with Ashly, I just went home. I knew Eugene Yang sounded familiar. It was all in high school when it happened. He said he had to go see his mother for a month because she missed him. That much was true, I saw the email. When he came back, I found out weeks later he had run off with another girl and fucked her. But the rest I really can't get into, I'll break down again.

After a while, I decided to do something I should've done back at the office. I called Ashly, "hey where does Eugene live?" she told me and I headed over there. I knocked on his door. "Y/N? What do you want? Me to be harassed by mo-" I cut him off. I threw my arms around his neck and just stood there. After a minute or two he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. He picked me up and carried me into his house. "Eugene, listen. I'm really sorry. I guess I overreacted a little bit. I know how you are when you're drunk, and you'd do it with anyone if you were drunk enough. So, are we friends again?" I asked. Eugene smiled, "you....have no idea....how much I dreamt and hoped you'd say those words to me." I realized he was crying. He hugged me and we both sat on the couch and had a movie marathon, just like the old days. Little did I know what was next.

A/N: hey guys. Intense, right? yeah, I know, not that good. anyway, I tried to add a little drama cause it's just an element of story writing. hope you liked it!
QOTD: Who is your favorite Try Guy?
AOTD: Eugene because he is just so adorable and funny. Although, Ned is my spirit animal.