Pictures on the Wall

I clenched my hands tightly desperately hoping that I could get away with it as I walked into the cave.
How was I supposed to hide the fact that I wasn't on their side anymore?
Then I realized something, I didn't have to.
Drosselmeyer had definitely set up a trap for us in this cave and all I had to do was let it play out, and let Mytho and Adelberto....
I flinched at the thought and tried to give myself some resolve, it would be fine. I had to do this, they would do this.
But I suddenly felt a hand holding mine and I could feel my strength starting to slip away. It was getting darker, but I could still see Adelberto's smile and it felt like a dagger in my chest.
"Don't be afraid Duck. I'm here to protect you."
I opened my mouth ready, and I wasn't sure what I was going to say because I didn't get a chance.
Because then I saw the mermaid staring straight at me.
Then Mytho and Rue smiling and dancing in the night.
Then a little boy with Rue's eyes and Mytho's hair reading a book, with a raven sitting beside him.
The chamber walls seemed to be split into 3 distinctive parts all taken up by the enormous pictures, so lifelike it almost appeared like they were moving.
Then I saw the boy's lip move, and the Raven crow and walked toward the wall, hesitantly leaning forward to touch it, and then my hand slipped past the wall and I felt my whole body tumble in.
And saw what the little boy and the Raven had been reading, The Prince and the Raven. Our story.
I stepped closer, sure my footsteps would get the boy's attention but he didn't look up from the book. He just continued to read, riveted. But the Raven turned on his shoulder to gaze at my eyes and I felt a shiver run through me. Then the boy spoke and the Raven looked back at him, completely ignoring me.
"Mommy and Daddy said that this book isn't really all that happened. " The boy said to the Raven, an eager gleam in his eyes, "They said that Daddy only defeated the Raven after leaving this land." The Raven crowed as if asking a question."They said they went to a land far, far away from here and Daddy was saved by his knight and Princess Tutu. Daddy said Tutu had the kindest heart, of anyone he'd every known and that his knight Fakir, did everything to save him. He said that Tutu even turned into a Duck to save him." The boy put down the book and whispered to the Raven"Daddy looked really sad when he talked about Tutu. He said that he wanted to help her somehow." The boy stood up and somehow ran toward his closet, "So I'm going to save Tutu like she saved Daddy." and he brought out a sword, "I swear I will."
Then I heard Rue's voice cry "Adelberto!"
He dropped the sword and yelled , "Coming!" and left the room
And I was left with the Raven staring holes into my chest and my misery.

I wasn't just like Adelberto, because he'd sworn to save me, and meant it.