Flirting with danger and getting to know you...

Start from the beginning

Pleased that she wasn't in trouble, she offered Ally the muffin, which the Latina gratefully accepted, and took a seat in the office, munching on her own.

"Dinah called, and wouldn't let me go until she told me about her latest idiot. She went on a date last night, and the dude spilled spagetti sauce on her new dress. Lets just say, there will not be a second date." Camila snorted laughing.

Ally looked horrified as she exclaimed,"Not the blue dress? She was so excited about it and had to save from two pay checks to afford it!"

"I know! So I of course  couldn't stop laughing. I swear Ally I laughed so hard, I cried. Then I had to redo my make up. Hence the lateness. But all in all, I think the meeting went well don't you? We had an awesome volunteer turn out." Camila said biting into her muffin again.

"Yeah, we have almost a hundred volunteers, and that's not including the lawyers yet. The fire fighters and lawyers, their meeting is next week. Have you decided to open up the volunteer requirements yet?" asked Ally curiously.

Camila scowled and shook her head.

"I'm not sure yet. I mean, I would love for other people in the community to get involved, but we're in a rough area, and I don't want people I can't trust to be around these kids. Maybe in the future if we're desperate, we can come up with a system to vet the volunteers, but until then I want to see if this plan works." Camila replied nibbling her lip.

"It's a good plan Mila. And your right about the outside influences. Maybe when the kids start trusting us and the officers, we can risk people from the outside coming to help. By then, if something happens, they might feel comfortable enough that we can help them." Ally suggested, causing Camila's shoulders to relax.

"Yeah. Your right. I just worry for the kids. I see the fakeness that happens when people appear to be helpful when they really have an agenda, and if I can stop it or avoid it, I want to. It's not that I don't think there are genuine people out there, but in my experience, there isn't as many as we hope to believe. One wrong move, and it could ruin the opportunity were trying to give these kids, and I'll be damned if we screw it up." Camila ranted passionately, causing Ally to smile.

"And that's why your the best worker we got. You care, and you have the fire to put it to use in the best way. You took a long time getting back from the courthouse, what held you up?" asked Ally curiously.

"One of the detectives wanted to volunteer their kid. I guess the kid is in private school and is making noises about not getting enough attention, but looks like Grande is genuinely trying to give it to her. Mom thinks a walk down a darker side will help her appreciate what she's got. Gave her some advice, and told her to bring her kid on Saturday. She asked if I could go out with them to their family outing, so I can tell her daughter more about it." Camila explained smiling.

Ally squinted her eyes and said,"Bullshit."

Camila raised her eyebrows innocently, and said,"What? I'm just helping out a fellow civil servant."

Ally leaned back and said,"No way did you bail on a Sophia Bush look a like, without something hotter lined up. Grande's partner is the Megan fox you were eye fucking isn't she?"

Camila smiled widely, leaning back crossing her long legs as she shrugged nonchalantly. "Maybe." She admitted grinning.

Shaking her head, Ally laughed.

"I'm sure you would have done it anyway, but you wouldn't be so damn chipper if there wasn't another incentive. So does her partner bat for your team?" asked Ally with an amused glint in her eye.

Camila sat up smiling widely and said,"Better, she bats for my team and has an extra appendage in her pants."

Ally's eyes widened in surprise and she said,"Really? I read a book about a girl like that once, I gotta say It was interesting."