My world

"5 ,6,7,8, hit" my dance coach,Danny, yelled at me.

I was dancing to motivation by Kelly Rowland. I body rolled on the chorus and did a tuck before lil wyanes verse.

"baby ima be your motivation " I rolled my hips and sang the last line.

"*Claps* just like that girlfriend. you werked that! Now I'm locking up,remember don't open the door for noone. When you leave make sure it's locked." Danny said

"Alright thanks d " I said

"Anytime Layla and be safe girl "I last heard Danny say before he left.

My name is Layla Lucille London. I hate my middle name. First because it's my mom's name and second because it's so old fashion. I have black hair that's long and naturally curly. I get it from my dad. If I knew my dad then I could make out the resemblance.I'm lightskinned but,a little dark. I have hazel eyes but my mom made me get contacts so my eyes look deep brown. I have a few cousins on my mom side that i know about and Im an only child.My family calls me triple L or lay.I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. It's a nice place if you know where you are. I live in the Hood kinda. I sure ain't rich cause my momma sells her body in order to put food on the table.

I go Greenwood high. I'm in 11th grade. Im 16. Everyone at my school underestimate me alot. I do keep to my self but,it's only because I don't like people that think they know everything. I have two friends. Kyle and Tiara. They are my ride or die. They are actually the only ones that know I can really dance and sing. I come to this dance studio because I have no other place to express my feelings. Dance and music help me survive through this hell we call life.

It's 6:30 and it's a warm evening. I should start heading home before momma has a fit,unless she's already passed out drunk on the couch, then I won't have to worry.

I walked out the dance room and double checked the door to make sure it's locked. After I was sure it was locked I started walking down the streets and put my headphones in and my hoodie up and played my world by iggy azalea.

"My world rhyme viscous, white girl team full of bad bitches,

Uh,hands in the air.

This is for them bitches getting money over here " I rapped while nodding my head.

***

I finally reached my door and of course there's stacks of music audition on my door step. I know Kyle and Tiara probably put them there. There my neighbors so,i usually get these often. Tiara lives on my right and Kyle on the left.They always want me to but,I don't have the courage to do it. I picked up the colorful papers and pulled out my zebra printed key. I inserted it and I automatically heard something unusual When I walked in. I heard little screams but I didn't know who was screaming. I closed the door and walked upstairs.

"momma?, you up there "I called out. I stood infront of her door and When I opened it I cover my poor virgin eyes.

"faster baby " she moaned

"Mom!!!" I yelled and rushed out.

How the he'll does she think it's okay to bring her work home. I was more then baffled to see a sight like that.

"LAYLA! Get YOUR ASS BACK IN HERE "

she yelled.

This lady is freaking ludicrous If she thinks I need to see her in that state of mind. I stomped back up the stairs and open the door to see her and her 'friend' wrapped and covered with the blakent.

"Layla,this is my friend, jhonny. Be nice and say hi." she directed.

"hi" I spatted with venom

"wassup lil mama, can you throw down like your mama here?" he winked.

"none can do it like me baby " she purred

SICK!

I rolled my eyes.

"Roll those eyes again and I'll slap the shit out of you. Don't want those marks coming back on your face. I'm in a good mood so don't be a buzz kill. Go to your lil friends house and come back at 9:00 sharp."

I nodded. and dismissed myself. I was debating on either going to Tiara or Kyle's house. I ended up choosing Tiara because she knew more. I changed by clothes into some running shorts ,a red v neck and my moccasins. I walked out my house and walked next door and opened Tiara door. I had the key for emergencies . I walked in the kitchen and saw Ms.woods, tiaras mom.

"Hey Ms.W"

"Hey baby, is anything wrong or are you just here to hang with T?"

"just hang " I responded

Ms.woods knows about my mom's ways because they used to be friends until my mom started hitting me and I told Ms.W because she was like a mom to me, so was Kyle's parents.

"alright, I assume your staying for dinner and T is upstairs "

"yes and thanks " I said and headed to Tiara room.

I opened the door and she was laying on her bed texting.

"Hey bew " T said

"Hey, who you texting at this hour?" I asked like I was her mom.

"well Mom, I'm talking to a friend "

"lemme guess, Jackson "I said in a duh tone

"of course! he's so sweet and just amazing and hot ,did I mention hot! " she pretended to faint

"watever I think he's a player, Why don't you date Kyle"

"no "

"Please "

"no"

"Why?" I whined

"you know Why?" she snapped back

Tiara was obsessed with Kyle When we were younger. Kyle didn't notice and she quit. The only reason is because she won't tell him her feelings so, he doesn't really know. When you meet Kyle you'll understand he is oblivious to EVERYTHING.

"please for me "I begged

"how about you audition for the dance this Friday and I tell him how I feel after your audition. "

I sucked in a sharp breath. I don't think I will break ever good enough to audition and before I could bring up my mom Tiara gave me motivation

"she's. delusional ,she knows you can dance your heart out and you sing like an angel. You have it in you and I have faith and God is by your side so don't worry about what anyone has to say" she reassured me.

I grabbed her pinky and kissed my thumb as she did hers

"deal?" she asked

"deal" I said as I sealed it by smashing are thumbs together.

***okay, it was dry for a first start but I made it long so you can get a good understanding of how the book might be.

I have a few personal experience in this book so,some of this stuff is stuff I went through or stuff I do (don't ask if I don't know you Lol)

You can vote if you want and I would appreciate comments but this book is for fun for me so yeah. thanks for reading updating often

Tasha ♥