Everlasting Ch II

The girl with pigtails grew impatient, her small pink lips twisted in anticipation. The alan looked back down at her, curious as to why she had grown so irritable in the little time they were sitting there.

"Weeeeeell...?" Her high voice dragged on. She waved her tiny hands as a gesture for him to push foward with the rather interesting story. She had learned about love between a man and a woman, but never knew it could happen between two men. The strange topic provoked her to find out more, but this man was taking forever to share the tale.

"I assume you want me to continue?" He enquired, and she gave a fast nod.

"Yes! Please do tell! I want to know what Patroclus did that lead him to getting kicked out of his own kingdom."

The alan chuckled and stroked his frail beard. He never met someone who had wanted to hear the story beyond the point of the taboo kiss they shared. After the person had heard that part, their noses either crinkle in disgust or they would look at him as if he was sick or crazy. But then again, he had never shared the story with anyone as young as the girl before. That just proved how much more opened minded children had been.

He cleared his throat and proceeded. "As I was saying, the two sat in the palace's foyer. And Patroclus was just beginning to tell Achilles the reason why him and his father left their own lands."

***

"It was a beautiful morning. The sun colored the palace's floors and stained the curtains orange. The perfect day for me to get out of my bed and run downstairs to find my well-known acquaintance, Clysonymus. Usually I would find him skipping between the pillars outside or in the vestibule of the palace eating a fruit of some sort. He was the kind who seemed to have an ample amount of kindness and patience. He would always stop me when I was on the urge of hurting a being that upset me.Usually he would call out my name before I even would throw the first punch.."

*****

"Menoetius! Heel your fist!"

Young patroclus lowered his hand, his face blemished a bright red from anger and frustration. The slightly older boy who stood before him chuckled and jabbed him once again in the ribs, causing him to groan in pain. Clysonymus took it upon himself to stand in front of his friend, his mouth pulled down to create a scowl.

"Leave at once, his anger can only be contained for so long. When all goes awry, and he lashes out, you'll be his target," Cylsonymus gave the bully a mindful look, for no one knew Patroclus as well as he did.

It was true that he had a hard time controlling his anger. He wasn't like his father in that sense, where someone could chalk up the line of where not to cross. The young boy was unpredictable when he threw his fits of anger.

The bully grabbed his fat belly before laughing and walking away. Clysonymus had to take the guess that he had enough of bugging them. He turned to friend, pity endowed on his face, "Are you okay Menoetius? I wished I could have helped you better."

Patroclus shook his head and rubbed his brow, "Im fine. Let's go back to the palace. Im through with fooling around with these simpletons."

Clysonymus chuckled before nudging the heel of his sandals into the dirt. "It is unkind to call them of sort. Not all of the citizenry are as rude and ignorant as that brute." 

That could of very well been true, although Patroclus didn't feel like sticking around to familiarize himself with anymore of the common populace. Being out in the village just made him appreciate the posh treatment at home even more. He didn't understand why Clysonymus enjoyed being outside in the streets anyway.