Plans (xEngineer)

Start from the beginning

---------------------------------

Maybe the cookie idea was a bad idea, he needed to be more creative.

He tuned his guitar. It always soothed you, and he remembered all the times you would lean into him as he played.

Noticing you outside, he walked out with his guitar. He had a special song in mind, a romantic song from spain would surely capture your heart!

He walked out when suddenly he was hit in the head with a football.

"What in tarnation..?"

He soon found the answer to his question, when Demo, Soldier, Scout, and you dogpiled onto him.

"GET THE BALL! GET IT!!!!"

The four of you tackled each other on top of the Texan, trampling him like a pancake.

With the ball in hand, the four of you dashed away, yelling and attacking each other.

Engineer got up and saw his guitar was broken into 2 pieces.

Well, so much for a romantic song.

------------------------------------

Ok, so maybe everything else didn't work out. But he was sure this was going to work! He had a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Maybe this was a bit old fashioned, but really! Who could say no to such a sweet gesture?

He was slowly heading towards your room, when he ran into Pyro.

"Oh, hey there partner!"

Pyro gave a small muffled hello, when he saw the bouquet of flowers. He pointed at it questioningly, making the Enginner turn red with a shy grin on his face.

"Oh, this? Heh, it's just a lil' someth..."

Pyro wasn't listening. He looked at the bouquet of flowers. They were crying!! They wailed at Pyro.

"We want to go to the chocolate river, but we're stuck in this paper wrapping around us!! Waaaahhhh!!!"

Pyro gave a dertermined nod, and took them out of Engineer's hands. He would take them to the chocolate river! No one deserves to be sad!

"Hey, what? Pyro!!!"

Pyro dashed away, and Engineer ran after him in such a hurry he didn't even see you as he ran by.

You watched the scene with amusement. There was something a bit off about Engineer today. He was fidgety and tense, looking at you strangely. Maybe he was having a bad day?

You decided to give him a small surprise by clearing up his workshop a bit. He never minded you stopping by!

You walked over to his workshop. You knew not to touch any machinery or tools, so you just cleared up empty bottles of beer or trash laying on the floor.

Looking at his trashcan, you saw it was filled with crumpled paper.

'He must be working on a new design! Heh, he's such a hard worker!'

You smiled to yourself as you were tidying up and put other bits of trash into the trashcan, when you noticed a small crumpled up paper that had your name written on it.

Curiously, you opened the crumpled paper, and read what was written on it. Gasping, you covered your mouth as you read.

It was filled with all kinds of lists to confess his feelings for you! Your favorite things were jotted down as a memo, and elaborate plans were written.

You looked over at the trashcan and realized that they were all plans for you!

"This is so sweet of him!"

You cooed to yourself, thinking of Engineer. It was so dear of him! So that's why he's been acting so strangely today! You felt sorry for him. He did run into some kind of... bad luck streak.

You gave a sly grin and decided to help the poor guy out.

Engineer had spent around an hour chasing Pyro down. When he managed to stop him, Engie held the bouquet of flowers, which were now drenched in gasoline.

He sighed, and just handed the bouquet of flowers to Pyro. Letting him have his way. With a giggle, Pyro proceeded to burn the flowers.

The Engineer sagged his shoulders and walked towards his workshop. It's been a long day.

He opened the door and found his entire work shop glowing with golden lights. It was filled with Christmas lights.

You giggled as you watched his expression. He quickly turned to face you.

"D-darlin? What's all this now?"

Walking up to him, you handed him a bottle of beer.

"I thought you looked pretty tired today, so I wanted to give you a surprise!"

Engineer gave a small grin and blushed. Taking the bottle of beer, you both clinked the bottles and started drinking.

The two of you started talking and the Engineer started to relax. Joking and laughing, the two of you were lost in a little world of your own.

After a while, the both of you sat in comfortable silence. Leaning against Engie's shoulder, you closed your eyes, sighing softly.

Engineer blushed like crazy, and his heart beated wildly. This was it! This was his chance!

He coughed and slowly turned his head to yours.

"Uh, (y/n)? There's something Ah want to tell you..."

You looked up at him, eyes shining.

"Ah.. Ah have been having some feelings for ya for quite some time now. And Ah was wondering if you would.."

His words were stopped by a peck of the lips he adored.

He widened his eyes and stiffened with surprise, making you squeal inwardly at his cuteness. You nuzzled into his neck.

"Yes"

----------------------------------

Engie walked you back to your room, and with a good night kiss, he started heading towards his workshop with a bounce in his steps.

He sat down at his desk to calm his beating heart. He spun in his chair with a hearty laugh, and when he stopped spinning, he looked up at the ceiling, thinking of your pretty face. He looked at the table and something caught his eye. It was the doodle he drew. You were drawn beautifully.. but there was something drawn onto it.

You drew Engineer's face next to yours and added little hearts around the two of you and your eyes. Engineer chuckled and got out an empty picture frame, and put the picture you drew together in it.

Setting it on his bedside table, he got ready for bed, and finally climbed into bed, thinking of things you two would do together tomorrow.

After thinking a bit, he started getting prettt sleepy. Hugging his pillow, he imagined it was you. And softly doze off into sleep.