"But I don't want to leave you. You're my mum, and I can't lose you," Artemis cried.

"You won't be gone all year. You can come visit during all the breaks. And you'll love Hogwarts Artemis. And you'll always me my daughter, and I'll always be your mother. Forever," her mother assured her.

"Mum I can't lose you! Don't leave me!"

"Oh sweet heart. Your grandfather once told me that those who love us, never truly leave us. You can always find them," she paused, putting her hand where Artemis's heart was, "In here." Artemis smiled and let more tears drip down her cheeks.

"I'll miss you so much Mum," she said, reaching out and giving her Mum a light hug. Her mother yawned and let out a cough.

"Come Artemis, let her rest," her father said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Artemis leaned her head on him and sighed. They walked out of the room and say down in te kitchen.

"When does the year start?" Artemis asked while buttering her toast. She preferred doing things herself, rather than having their house elves do it.

"September first," her father told her.

"What!" Artemis yelped in surprise. "But that's in two weeks!"

"We will be going to Diagon Alley tomorrow to get your robes. We already have your books from Alana, so we don't need that. You'll be a bit ahead, but take advantage of it. Continue to read ahead and you'll be farther along that the rest do the class. Since you are 15 you will be in fifth year. You will take the O.W.L's this year, just like all the other fifth years."

"Fine," she sighed. She quickly ate her toast then went upstairs to do her homework.

{A/N The words in single quotes are thoughts}

'I can't believe this. 15 years with them and they never told me,' she thought. 'Who are they?' She questioned, thinking of her birth family.

---------------------------

"Sirius come down at once," Walburga Black yelled up to her son. He rolled his eyes at his mother and walked down the stairs.

"What Mother?" He said irritably.

"We're going to Diagon Alley tomorrow. I expect you to be on your best behavior, is that clear?" She instructed.

"What ever you say," he mumbled, looking for a knife to butter his toast with.

"Sirius Orion Black! Do I make my self clear!" She screeched in anger.

"Crystal," he said sarcastically before striding out of the kitchen. Once he reached his room he quickly pulled out some parchment and a quill.

'Prongs,

My mother just told me that we're going to DA tomorrow. Do you think you'd be able to come? Feels like ages since we talked in person. I'm going to send Moony a letter also, he might be able to come. I don't know if Wormtail would be able to, but I'll owl him. Send me a letter soon, if you can come, meet me at the ice cream parlor.

Padfoot'

He finished writing his letter and folded it into an envelope. He dipped his quill into the ink and wrote 'James' on the front of the envelope. He pulled out two more pieces of parchment and wrote down similar letters to Remus and Peter. He whistled for his owl, Nightlock, and waited for her to fly up. He silently fastened the letter to her legs and sent her on her way.

'Hopefully the letters will get there in time,' Sirius thought worriedly. He'd barely even allowed out of the house all summer and had only gotten to see his friends once each.