I see . . . but do you like him? Do you think you can ever see him as more than a friend?

“Yunno, I’m not sure I can. I left a really good friend back in NY and whilst I was here . . . he called me and told me that he loved me more than a friend. The thing is, I only see him as a brother and I thought he saw me as a sister but I guess not. We ended the conversation on the wrong terms but I’m afraid I might lose my best friend. Losing a best friend is like ending a relationship with your first love. You will never forget about them and no one will ever replace them. Sure you’ll find someone else, but it’s not gonna feel the same yunno? I just hope I didn’t lose my best friend and his name was Matthew by the way” she says looking down.

Oh Marceline, I am truly sorry for bringing this topic up. I promise to never to this again, please forgive me? I said as I gave her a side hug.

She stood up and gave me a smirk.

“It’s not your fault Brid, it’s just us getting to know each other and in order to do that we will have to come across some topics in our convos that will make us uncomfortable. But in the end it will make us comfortable with each other. So, there’s nothing to apologize for, it’s normal- these things happen” she smiled

Wow, you’re a really nice person.

“Yea she’s really amazing isn’t she?” said Maz.

“Wow Maz rude much” Eli said in a funny white girl tone.

“Ouch, seems like Mars grew some” said Sam as he made his way towards me.

“She’s a kick boxer but I can still kick her butt” chuckled Maz.

“Damn Mars, what the fuck can’t you do . . . you Martian” said Sam.

Guys stop picking on my girl Eli or I’ll help her kick your butt!

“I wouldn’t mind if you kick my butt” Sam winked at me.

“Oh guys, GET A ROOM!” said Maz and Mars at the same time.

Haha alright alright. How about we go out to eat? Talk some more and what not?

“Ouch! I actually can’t I’m sorry Bri” frowned Mars.

“I have to get to work in about 10 minutes. It’s my first job and well I really gave a good impression on my boss and she’s really cool. She treats me like an old friend, so I’ll have to pass. I’m sorry guys” said Marceline.

Aww okay, you don’t have to apologize it’s cool. We’ll drop you off work if you’d like? Where do you work at?

“I work at Abbey’s Eyes. It’s an amazing bookstore. You guys go have fun, I know my way to work” she smiled.

Are you sure Marceline? It’s really not a problem.

“Yea I’m sure, go have fun guys. Don’t worry I’ll have fun at work, I’ll be surrounded by books”

*sigh* Okay Eli, give me your phone I’ll put my number in there so we can chat later. Is that alright?

“Here you go” she said as she handed me her phone “sounds good Brid.”

Marceline’s P O V

I was saying goodbye to Sam and Bridget when Maz chimed in and asked if he can take me home. All that ran through my mind was the whole conversation me and Bridget had about Maz liking me.

No thanks Maz, why don’t you go with Sam and Bridget? Get to know them better yunno, I’ll be fine trust me.

I can see his facial expression dropped. I felt bad for doing that to him, I mean I wasn’t even sure if he liked me. It was just Bridget’s observation, nothing else.