The Heartmaker

Hello dear reader.
Is it story time?
Well, you're certainly in for a treat.
Alright. Now, imagine this will you? It's a cloudy day, the small cobblestoned streets are bustling with activity of horse drawn carriages and business man and woman alike. The streets, lined with shops and ally ways on both sides.
One of the shops in particular has a little girl out front with a crimson cloak and a basket filled with faintly glowing hearts, ticking away yearning for a home to those without. The shop, is small and quaint and a pastel yellow with a rusty red shingled roof.
Now, to provide some context, people in this time were born with hearts of their very own made just for them and finding a new heart that resonates just right is never an easy objective if it is at all possible. So that is where I come in. The shop is named, "The Heart Maker" and inside is yours truly, The Heartmaker. Fixing hearts and building them for those who are in need. Working long hours in and out of the shop.
One day, a young handsome man walked in to my shop. The bell atop the door rang it's jingle.
"Hello, sir I am the Heartmaker. What can I do you for?" I asked with a polite smile. "G-good day to you too Heartmaker." He replied quite jittery and yet solemn. He set his broken heart on the table carefully and with the utmost care. "I'm getting married next autumn, and I want to love her with all my heart but I cannot find the love she wants me to give. Can you help me?" He gave me such a helpless look. His heart, it was dead. Busted and bruised just like everyone else's but, something about it was, gone. I didn't let that discourage me though, I looked at him and gave him a reassuring look, "of coarse my dear friend. I will have it to you the night before your  wedding." He nodded and went on with his day.
To be continued...