23.

Sehun felt like someone threw a brick at his head.

"Idiot."

Sehun's eyes slowly fluttered open and he cringed when the too bright sunlight stung his eyes. His hand went to press against his forehead and shield his eyes from the sunlight and he opened them again. He could make out the fuzzy frame of someone sitting next to him, but he couldn't tell who.

"Where am I?" he asked.

"My house."

Sehun rubbed sleep out of his eyes and then squinted. "Luhan?"

"Who else," Luhan replied, his tone bored. He pushed a glass of water closer to Sehun and then watched Sehun struggle to sit upright. "Drink it."

Sehun picked the glass up. It felt cold and heavy against his fingers.

"It's just water," Luhan said. "I didn't poison it or anything."

Sehun stared at the glass and the water inside it. "Hyung," he said.

Luhan said nothing.

"Hyung," he repeated. From his point of view, he could see Luhan's fist clench then unclench on his lap. "I'm really sorry," he whispered.

He heard Luhan sigh. "Don't say anything."

"But hyung-"

"Sehun. Just listen to me for once and drink the goddamn water."

That shut him up. Sehun brought the glass to his lips and took a sip. The throbbing, painful feeling in his head didn't lessen, but it made him feel more awake. "Can you come home with me? Please?"

"We're not having this conversation right now, Sehun. Later, tell me later." With that, Luhan stood up and left the room.

Sehun stared at Luhan's back for a second before the door clicked closed. Sehun played with the thin blanket covering his body and sighed. Why was everything so complicated?

~OoO~

"Just forgive him. He came all the way there for you. Doesn't that prove something?" Minseok said.

"That he's an idiot who doesn't know when to give me space?"

"No! That he actually cares for you, stupid."

Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose. "I told him I wanted space. I told him I wanted to think everything over," he reasoned.

"But it was too long. You've left for almost a month, Luhan. That's too long."

"He left me for a year without an explanation. Don't you think that was too long?" Luhan retorted. Minseok was silent. "I'm hanging up. Thanks for checking up on me though."

"Luha-"

Luhan turned his phone off and tossed it on the cushion next to him. He buried his face in a pillow and moved from his sitting position so that he was lying down. He shifted to his side and then moved the pillow to his chest, where he squeezed the life out of it.

Everything was so stressful.

Luhan didn't even know what to do anymore. Everything he did was met with a roadblock, which was always Sehun. Sehun always stopped him from doing things (like moving on for example). He was still lost in his thoughts when the front door opened and a disgruntled Yifan stepped in.

"What happened?" Luhan mumbled. He sat up and made space for Yifan.

"Work happened," Yifan replied. He rubbed his tired face with his hands and leaned back on the couch. "Ugh, I'm so tired." One hand loosened his tie while the other one fished Yifan's phone from his pocket. "Where's Zitao?"