Chapter 2: History

The man was unable to sleep after his visions; unable to stop thinking about all that had transpired. a long time ago, in history mortals have all but forgotten the truth of, peace was not an easy thing to obtain, only through generations of war and dispair was the peace mortals currently enjoy won.

The mortals had never had it easy, soon after the creator had left, his first children had began to use mortals as puppets for their own little games and wars. For countless generations the mortals were used as toys by the first children, only to grow tired of their playthings and create the beasts many mortals currently believe extinct, or fictional. Soon after the first children unleashed their own creations did the mortals realize that they would soon be nothing but a memory like their creator.

Many mortals, unwilling to simply die without taking a good deal of the beasts unleashed on them along for the ride, Some mlrtals simply gathered together to trg and flee, others simply returned to the old ways, not worshiping and askimg for forgiveness to the first born but going back and worshiping the original creator that was the source of all living things. Needless to say their prayers were not unanswered, after years of fighting the monsters that would have surely destroyed them, the monsters suddenly began to flee into the wilderness and away from the mortals. The reason for the monsters to leave is soon after people began praying for the creator, the eldest of the first children simply disappeared, after the years of assault and destruction, the last of the first children were destroyed.

Soon after the first children were destroyed, the creator decided to create a new set of children, one that would guide the mortals instead of playimg with them. The end resault was Ka'axal and his twelve brothers and sisters.

Ka'axal was the first born of the new children, their leader and peace keeper. With the new set of children created, and also assured they would not turn out like the first children, the creator disappeared again.

Under the second children, the mortals were, for the first time ever, truly free to do as they desired, worship whichever they wanted and live in peace. Under the guidance of the eldest, the land was split into twelve city-states, interdependent to each other that worshiped one of his other siblings. In the middle of the twelve lands, a single city  often called only the "White city" was build to house the different gods in which would act as the meeting grounds of the thirteen and the home of Ka'axal.

With all the power of the eldest, there came a terrible price, Locked inside of the eldest were three different personality's, Ka'axal, the sttongest one was a combimation of both and the dtrongest, however even with all of his power he could not keep the two contained forever.

After eleven thousand years of peace under the second siblings, the White city exploded with such force even the towers of the citys farthest away from the city came down. The White city was completely destroyed, and ontop of the destruction of the city Ka'axal was no where to be found, the only thing found inside the crator of the once great city were two nearly identical figures, neither unable to beat the other fighting to the death, the one that would later be considered the hero of the two, dressed in armor the color of the blood of the gods luging around a giant broadsword that seemed to emminate fire. The other, the one that would later be considered the evil one, dressed in pure black armor that seemed to suck up the light of any room he entered, often seen fighting with no weapons at all or a dagger almost as black as his armor that eminated a sense of dread.

In order to stop the fighting they both had to be pulled apart by half of the siblings each, when questioned about what had happened to Ka'alax both claimed to be a new incarnation of him, both also claimed that the other seeked to destroy the world the siblings ruled over.

After many years the siblings split into two factions, those who beleived the golden armored twin, and the one who beleived the black armored twin. After several battles between the siblings they eventually agreed to let the battles be decided by the mortals, both sides called great numbers of mortals to battle each  other around the crator that was the White city. Both mortals and the sibling gods faught each other around the ruins for days before finally only the twins were able to keep on fighting. the masses watched as the twins, unable to defeat each other, atacked and countered each other. to this day it is unknown which one it is that truly won and which one truly lost, eventually one of them lost the grip on his weapon, seeing an opening the other attacked with such force his weapon exploded. When sight returned to both sides neither of the twins could be seen, all that could be seen was the empty shell of their armor and a large presence of magic, both sides quickly retreated with the armor of their respective leaders.

Both sides quickly realized they couldent beat each other, and saw the pain the battles had caused the mortals. Knowing that they had failed their purpose both sides reached an agreement, in order to know neither side is ever at an advantage only two of the sibling gods may be in their god form at a time, one from each side respectively, wearing the same armor of their lord. The rest of the gods shall be in mortal form within their respective city-states, untill the mortal gods decide it is time to change and which of them will take the gods place.

"The agreement has lasted for ten thousand years." the man thought, surely a side won't break it now.