Chapter 2: Revenge

"I thought you liked me, but you were just using me!" said an enraged voice

The sound of a beeping alarm clock awoke the young undecided Rivera. Realizing the time his clock read, Manny jumped out of his bed to get ready for the day and then quickly ran out the door, hoping not be late for school. The late bell at the Leone Middle School rang as Frida Suarez saw her best friend running down the hall.

"Hey Manny there – Whoa, what happened to you?" Frida asked as she examined her friend, who was covered in chew marks.

"I was on my way to school, and as soon as I passed the pet store, the door burst open and all the puppies came running after me." He explained

"Awe puppies!" she squealed in delight at the thought

"Frida, it's not funny, they used me as a chew toy!" Manny argued dramatically.

"Well what'd you expect, they're puppies." Frida stated simply.

"Yeah I guess you're right, I just hope -." However, the young Rivera never got to finish when a can of green paint spilled over his head as he opened his locker.

"Manny, are you okay?" Frida asked in concern.

"Yeah, I wonder who would do this to me though." Manny wondered as shook the paint out of his hair.

"It was probably just one of the school bullies giving you a 'Welcome back' gift." The punk rock girl quickly deduced.

"Yeah, well hopefully this day gets better." He stated in confidence.

Unfortunately, he was wrong. After the morning paint shower; during gym class, a dodge ball came out of nowhere and sent Manny flying into the wall.

While he was walking down the hall, he felt a presence tower of him. When he turned around he saw a large man in tan bear fur with black tuffs on his arms, a bear hat with teeth covering his head, a skull necklace, claws on his hands and feet, and a metallic like belt similar to the cuffs on his arms. As the villainous El Oso smiled an evil grin and a look of satisfaction reflected in his red eyes, the bear themed villain punched the 'secret' identity of El Tigre into a locker that left him stuck there. Finally the day ended as Manny met his best friend outside the school.

"Awesome dude, you made it through the day!" Frida exclaimed as she gave her battered and bruised friend a congratulatory slap on the back.

"Yeah... I wonder why all these weird things have been happening to me?" He questioned weakly.

"Meh, who knows, c'mon let's go to the arcade to get our minds off school." The punk rock star suggested.

"Okay, race you..." Manny challenged as they both ran off towards the direction of the Mayan Arcade.

Peering out behind the staircase of the school was a girl with pale skin, red eyes, and black hair with purple highlights wearing a black dress with a white collar and cuffs, black and purple stockings, black boots, and matching fingerless gloves, who was watching the best friends run off towards their favorite hangout spot.

"You may have been able to survive my revenge, but Black Cuervo's is just about to begin..." She promised darkly.

MT{|Ӱ