Chapter 1

•River's POV•

Buzz buzz. My alarm clock beeped at me like an 8 year old begging for candy at the drug store.

I shifted my body to the other side of the bed and slapped my hand down on the alarm clock.

"5 more minutes, just 5." I whispered to myself.

I woke up again to the sound of something being broken down stairs. Probably my dad.

I flipped over to see that it was 7:48. The bus comes in 10 minutes. I really did over sleep.

I threw on some skinny jeans an old band tee. I grabbed my black hoodie off the back of my desk chair and ran to the bathroom. I put on the usual makeup and ran out to the bus stop.

"Shit, I forgot my homework." I whispered under my breath.

"What did you say?" a boy with dark brown hair and beautiful eyes said.

"Oh sorry, it's nothing. Umm.... Are you new?" I asked him.

"Yea I am. I just moved from New Jersey actually." he said smiling.

"What made you move to California?"

"My dad had a new job offer here and he took it. It's just me, my sister and my dad now."

"Oh. That's nice." I said trailing off.

"All I have is my dad." I say.

"What about your mom?" he asks.

"Well she umm, she died. An overdose." I say looking down.

"Oh, shit I'm really sorry. I shouldn't of asked." he replies, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No no it's ok. It was a long time ago."

He gave me a weak smile.

"My dad Sean never really pays attention to me anyway. I'm kinda famous on Vine and he never really supported it." he said.

"Oh really? What's your name?" I asked. "Grayson. Grayson Dolan." he said.

Never heard of him.

"What's your name?" he asked me.

"River. River Rawlins." I said mocking him.

"Ok ok River no need to mock." he said smiling.

The bus pulled up in front of us and Grayson let me go first.

I wonder why he's being so nice to me.