*Not My First Party*

"How Can You Be Yourself When You Don't Even Know Your Own Secret?"

(Craig POV)

"Quick name every ocean in the world!" Mr.Fisher shouted at me. "Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern, and Arctic." I said back in a flash. "Good. How many species of monkeys are known to man?" "264!" I spit back quickly. "Good. Good. Spell 'Czechoslovakia'" Ooo a challenge. "C-z-e-c-h-o--" I looked up through the open door in the class room and saw Jessica Davis, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Walk by. She happened to have turned her head into the empty classroom and caught eyes with me. She looked away an kept walking. My legs felt like jelly. Then I tried to finish the word I was given. "--o-s-l-I-v-o-d-k-I-a...right?

Mr. Fisher just looked at me a sighed. "Craig you have to focus! I know that this is a lot of pressure on a high school student but keep in mind that this is for your future." I take a deep breath in then exhale. "I am focused Mr. Fisher. I just got a little distracted." "Well you can't Craig! The 'Learn The World' decathlon is in a week and you need to stay on top of things." The bell rings and saves me from this disappointment I'm bringing on my mentor. "Okay, Craig you're free to go." Before I could run out of class he stopped me. "And please focus next time. Here's some study cards I'll see you tomorrow morning." He handed me a stack of flash cards. I grabbed them and flashed him a smile then ran off.

School was over and Mr. Fisher was making me run behind schedule. I had to hurry and catch the bus before-- "Craig Crippen" I heard the voice. The voice that strikes fear into my very core. I turned around and saw the varsity football player, the guy who gets all the girls, the guy known as the jock, the guy... that is my bully. RayRay. I never knew his real name I just know he's RayRay. I turned around slow to see RayRay and his crew on their way to football practice. Before they go to practice they find any 'Nerd' they can and beat them up. Looks like I was the only one around, so today was my day.

RayRay walked closer to me and I backed away. He wouldn't dare hit me out in the open. The cameras would catch him. He gave me a look, turned around and started walking away. I thought I was safe for today. Alas, I wasn't. His friends grabbed me and dragged me to the locker room. I knew what was going to happen next. He spun me around and grabbed the cards from my hands. "Ha. You're always studying! Don't you ever take a break?" He mocked at me. I didn't have the power to answer I was too scared. One of his crew members(I believe his name is Roc) was a very harsh fellow. "He asked you a QUESTION!" Roc yelled at me. "I-I have a-a lot of stuff--" I chocked out. Ray threw the cards in my face and pushed me on the ground. "Maybe we should loosen him up!" He said pounding his fist into his hand. The other boys hovering over me were laughing in agreement.

Before I knew it Ray kicked me in my stomach. I flew back and curled up on the floor. "Ughhh" I groaned. "Don't hit him anywhere it will show. I don't want his parents getting suspicious." Ray told his crew before he signaled them to beat the crud out of me. It felt like forever as they kept punching and kicking me. Next thing I heard was a door open. "Its coach!" Roc yelped. Everyone fled away from me. "Tell anybody about this and I will kill you!" Ray threatened before he rushed off.

I jumped up as best as I could cause I DIDN'T want to lie about this to their coach! He's a scary man. I got up and hid behind a locker until he passed by. I dropped down and picked up my flash cards then I made my way out of the locker room, unseen, and my way out of school.

I missed the bus. "GREAT!" Now I have to walk home.

Finally making my way up the porch stairs and opening the door I tried to go upstairs to my room. But. "Craig honey come here" I heard my mom in the living room. I looked at the wall clock. She must have gotten off early today. I stood up straighter, dusted off my clothes, and tried to look like I didn't just get my butt beat. I walked in the living room with a fake smile. "Hi mom." She was doing her crosswords. "Hey honey how was your day?" The paper was in front of her face so maybe she won't not notice.