Chapter 2

I walked into the door and my mom asks me how my day was.

"Fuckin awesome," I said sarcastically.

"God dammit Ashten, why don't you ever talk to me? I feel like I'm losing you," she exclaimed. I turned and ignored the comment. I got to my room and locked the door. I started writing in my notebook. Sad, depressed, scared, confused. I got bored and I found myself drawing hearts around LD. LD! OMG! What the hell is wrong with me?!

I opened the note that lucas had given me earlier that day.

You're not hated.
You're worth being on this earth.
God put you here for a reason, not to end your life, but to continue  it.
To prove that you are strong.
I BELIEVE IN YOU!

I couldn't help but smile. At least somebody cares. Wow he actually cares. He just made me feel better. I sent him a text:
Me: Thx for the note

A few moments later he responded
Lucas: did it make you feel better?
Me: yes I can't stop smiling
Lucas:YAY! It worked
Me: wats tht  supposed to mean?
Lucas:that I care about you and I don't want you feeling bed.
Me: Aww... well gtg
Lucas:so soon?
Me: yeah...
Lucas: bye see you tomorrow
Me: yup! Byee

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. What Is this that I'm feeling? Could it be what I think it is? Oh emmm geee!

The next morning I woke up all bubbley. I put on a pair of leggings and a red plaid long sleeve button up. I skipped down the stairs and gave everybody a hug.

"What's gotten into you?" My mom asked before I headed out the door.

"Oh nothing," I replied with a grin. I stepped out the door and started to walk to school.